Twin-screw KB-harley - Good buy?

boatcop1

Established Member
The deal depends on the selling price but it seems like a nice truck. It really is just a heavy Lightning? But has potential in my opinion.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Damn nice truck.... Here's the thing I would be worried about. If I was going to buy a modded truck it might as well have built motor in it too. Otherwise I would think stock is your best bet. The aftermarket blower could "possibly" spell disaster for you in the long run unless you plan on building the bottom end.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Seems like a nice truck.... Something at least worth watching. I'm willing to bet the price will go up a bit more within the last 15 mins of the auction.

4vmn12

Perpetual project creator
Established Member
yeah it's nice to have a truck around, and more room for loading the toddler seats with a 4dr. I'm not sure how low the suspension will be, but looks nice, I'd have a cr check done before picking it up for sure. I can't believe the reserve price was so low. 11k!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
The main thing I would be worried about, is the lack of a description. Obviously has some work done, so more detailed info should be given.

4vmn12

Established Member
I didn't realize the 00/01 Harley did not come with a blower, so I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that this motor does not have forged pistons. Oh crap, I wasn't factoring on motor build costs. ugg. We'll I think I could limp on it with a mild tune for a while. If I got a real itch I could swap out the motor with a used lightening setup.

AAG

Established Member
If you buy it make sure you have an "in case" fund. I'd be worried about that stock n/a 5.4 with a supercharger on it having problems later down the road...

4vmn12

Established Member
Yup, first of all its going to a shop to have an inspection done including a compression check. If its not good I'm canceling the sale. I'd rather do a leak-down, but I doubt th local shop has the equipment, and I'm not sure what criteria to use on an 80k motor. If all goes well, once I get it here, I'd have the A/F and spark tuned to safe margine (I'm sure it has a canned KB tune); Possibly injectors/maf. Then I'll consider installing knock control as well to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread