Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo vs Twin Turbo Z06

LthlGt500

Established Member
well long story short...the lamborghini was suppose to race a 9sec Rx7 but the Rx7 broke his tranny while cruising to the race....come to find out there was a nasty C5 Z06 in the pack that was following (twin turbo, built motor)(I don't know if it was a bigger motor or just a forged Ls6)....after a bit of taunting by the Z06 and no Rx7 the Lamborghini decides to give the Z06 a try

race is 70-190(the video is wrong)

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Twin-Turbo-Lamborghini-vs_725801.htm]Twin Turbo Lamborghini vs Twin Turbo Z06 - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]

ous2418

Established Member
sick lambo not to big on the rear mounts on the z

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Yeah not much of a fan of them either, top mounts would have been better. Either way both are very fast.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
sick lambo not to big on the rear mounts on the z

A friend of mine has a C5 Z that made over 1000rwhp with a rear mount turbo system... :shrug:

They have their advantages and disadvantages.

As for the video... Bad ass cars. Did the Lambo jump or was the vette driver just late? It seemed like they would have been door to door if they both would have left together.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
STS Turbo blows :nonono:. That poor Vette needs something better to do it justice :rockon:.

I'm really not sure why everyone thinks that. Sure, theyre typically not as good as a front mounted system, but still... Theyre not bad! Before my friend put his build 427 LSX engine in his vette, he ran a stock bottom end LS6 with a cam & STS TT kit and I think it made close to 550-600rwhp.

He no longer has the STS Turbo's in his vette, but still uses the piping from the kit.

Discerning

Fun on a bun
Established Member
If I recall correctly, the Z06 spin at first, starts to pull back as you can see, and then misses a shift.
I believe both cars are also making over 800hp.

As for butt mounts, I don't like them either.
BUT (no pun intended), Paul Major's twin rear mount C5 was trapping over 200mph.
They can be made quick obviously.

ous2418

Established Member
I'm really not sure why everyone thinks that. Sure, theyre typically not as good as a front mounted system, but still... Theyre not bad! Before my friend put his build 427 LSX engine in his vette, he ran a stock bottom end LS6 with a cam & STS TT kit and I think it made close to 550-600rwhp.

He no longer has the STS Turbo's in his vette, but still uses the piping from the kit.

ive seen 4 kits in person on 4 different cars and all had prblems. im not sayin they wont make big power (few years back i remember gz06 doin it and even he changed to a centri afterwards lol) im just not a big fan.

divided

Established Member
If I recall correctly, the Z06 spin at first, starts to pull back as you can see, and then misses a shift.
I believe both cars are also making over 800hp.

As for butt mounts, I don't like them either.
BUT (no pun intended), Paul Major's twin rear mount C5 was trapping over 200mph.
They can be made quick obviously.

Link to 200mph trap video?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Link to 200mph trap video?

Heres his car... Its not anywhere close to stock or street legal.

IMGP1798.jpg

IMGP2001.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V78lq5MoGK4"]YouTube- Paul Majors 208 MPH - 7.41 @ 208.23 MPH (On Drag Radials)[/ame]

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Badass vid!

From what I've seen, the TT STS kits for the vettes and GTO's are much better than the single turbo kits for the fbody's. I think the bad reputaion comes mostly from the fbody kits.

LS2GTO

Established Member
the TT STS kits for the vettes and GTO's are much better than the single turbo kits for the fbody's.

Never seen or personally know anyone with an fbody kit, but I'll tell you that the STS rear mount for the GTOs are absolute crap...and I'm not even gonna talk about STS and their company in general.

I can't imagine how bad the STS fbody kits are given how crappy they are for the GTOs

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Never seen or personally know anyone with an fbody kit, but I'll tell you that the STS rear mount for the GTOs are absolute crap...and I'm not even gonna talk about STS and their company in general.

I can't imagine how bad the STS fbody kits are given how crappy they are for the GTOs

Another friend of mine owns a 06 GTO with a cam, ported heads, full bolt-ons, and a STS turbo kit.... Makes sick power, and is running mid 10's. Should be low 10's once he can get more time behind the wheels..

I know tons of people that are having a lot of success with this rear mount kits. I'm not saying theyre necessarily better than the front mount ones, but theyre still good kits (with upgraded turbo).

And as for the f-body ones.. I knew someone with a rear mount on a 98 T/A. Made 600+ wheel horsepower. Forged internals and fully built motor... But still... It was pretty nasty on the streets.

Let me look for pictures of the cars...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread