Twin Turbo Mustang GT

Boosted 03

Established Member

Sorry about picture quality, it was a quick camera pic.

Walk around video for people asking abot car and parts.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxAb0AvK0IM&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - ‪Car Walkaround After Dyno Pulls.‬‏[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Boosted 03

Established Member
The cost was reasonable. The vehicle never left my garage until it hit the rollers. I did all of the labor over a few years. I started with an 01 GT shell I paid $2,000 for.

I'm running 325/50/15 MT Drag radial
Billet specialties Street Lites 15x10 15x4

Thanks again for all the compliments guys, I realy appreciate it. I am willing to answer any questions as far as build goes. Researching threads and other peoples builds is what got me to this point.

andreas.e

User from Sweden
Established Member
Sweet car!

Watched the vid from your test run at the track. Are you running a stock differential? Buy a Locker and dont look back. Those one-wheel-peels are not good.

Good luck with the car! Its amazing how much power that thing makes with that low CR. How much boost?

andreas.e

User from Sweden
Established Member
updatengineangle.jpg

Looks like 3" stepping up to a 4" maf housing and 4" from maf to tb?

Boosted 03

Established Member
Exhaust- SLP Loudmouth, I made the H-pipe, And some tailpipe modifications to clear the Panhard Bar. Nothing Fancy.

Piping from FMIC does Step up to 4" diameter before MAF. Its a very smooth transition with very minor turns.

Heads were Ported by Ron at Fox Lake. Stock size Ferrea Valves,Bronze guides,Comp Springs and retainers, Ford GT Supercar cams, stock rockers and lifters. Adjustable Cam Gears.

The stock rear end is trashed, but in that video we werent realy trying to run a good time. That was the first time the car had been over 50MPH. I was concerned about brakes and the clutch/trans. I didnt lay into it till about the 1,000 ft mark.

I'm going to redo the entire rearend when I do the TH400 swap.

Thanks for the Compliments, I realy appreciate it.

Last edited:

Boosted 03

Established Member
Yes, it will show less HP on the Dyno but the tradeoff is significant. I want to run consistant 9's and not have to worry about blowing up a t56 or a clutch every pass. Don't get me wrong, I love the t56. It is all for sale now, while its still new.

Boosted 03

Established Member
Here is an engine shot. It was an old SCT 2 step testing video. I've since switched to the MSD 2 step, its much faster.....like an Uzi going off. LOL

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpf5Vj6kBZQ&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - ‪Twin Turbo GT SCT 2-STEP 4,000 RPM 7PSI ED CLARK‬‏[/nomedia]

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I'd go with a built 4R70W. Don't get me wrong th400s are nice, but the 4R built right is far superior. Mine is built to handle 1500hp and it's holding up great. If you would like the contact I used to get mine. He was to one who started it all over 40 years ago with built autos.

chagan02

Established Member
Gt

Here is an engine shot. It was an old SCT 2 step testing video. I've since switched to the MSD 2 step, its much faster.....like an Uzi going off. LOL

YouTube - ‪Twin Turbo GT SCT 2-STEP 4,000 RPM 7PSI ED CLARK‬‏

Dude. Love the Car. Looks so much like mine its crazy. I love the seats in your car. I see they are Kirkey's, do you happen to know which model? Also, did you fabricate your own seat brackets. I'm about to get some seats and I'm just curious.

How do you like the street lites? Also about to buy some wheels.

I'm gonna end up going with a built C4 for my car. I feel ya on the tranny and clutch issues. I have seen quite a few cars running them. They are light, and very stout. Jim Fitz runs one in his 2 Valve car, which ironically looks just like mine also. I'm about to have my 8.8 welded up with some 9 inch ends, have the housing braced and welded, and get some new axles. Then on to the complete Team Z strip series rear suspension. Anyways man, awesome car. Wish I had those twins.

Here are a few pics of mine. Of course, it is a little 2V. LOL.
konica004.jpg

konica007.jpg

konica002.jpg

konica009.jpg

konica011.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread