twin turbo or whipple? 2012 GT500

fayo16

Established Member
Ok so here is my dilemma. I have been offered a 3.4 Whipple from a friend who owns a shop here in Houston. My other friend has a new build going onto his 5th gen camaro and is now having to get rid of his twin 60s on his car and has offered them to me (they might be 66s but not sure). Wanted to get you guys opinion and what I should do. This car does everything from dig to roll racing and is my daily driver. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!!

NestorGT

Established Member
Are you building your bottom end? If so, the turbos have more potential. If not, then the 3.4 will provide all the power you'll need and can handle with a stock block.

MOTOWN M

Established Member
I would go the Twin turbo route! you can adjust the boost if needed for the stock motor if its a concern

fayo16

Established Member
Really? And the car is from Houston? I ask because I work for one of the biggest auto channels on Youtube.

Jenkins

Established Member
Cause turbos spool slower than a blower so it will not have to spool with an auto but it will have to if your banging gears.

Torchy

Established Member
Man I just installed a TT set-up on my 2013 GT. Yeah twins sounds all badass on paper and it's cool to say you have em and yada yada but does someone have a kit for your car?
Do you plan on installing yourself?
If no kit available then how do you plan on making the rest of it work?
Mine were such a PITA to install. So much so that I dont even know if I like it.

Mike@TF

Established Member
Man I just installed a TT set-up on my 2013 GT. Yeah twins sounds all badass on paper and it's cool to say you have em and yada yada but does someone have a kit for your car?
Do you plan on installing yourself?
If no kit available then how do you plan on making the rest of it work?
Mine were such a PITA to install. So much so that I dont even know if I like it.

What kit did you install?

Torchy

Established Member
Hellion TT kit. I guess I didnt really have to do a lot of modification to make it work but to say it's "a tight fit" is a understatement.

fayo16

Established Member
I hear that if you put the 3.4 on and with a stock hood you have to install shorter engine mounts.

Users who are viewing this thread