Twin turbo questions

Rickycv04

Hey guys im putting twins n my cobra can i get suggestion on where i can buy parts to upgrade my engine and also where i can get a cast iron block to replace my aluminum block

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
What brand of turbo kit are you going to be using? Street or strip use? What kind of hp are you planning on making? As for the iron block have a look in the Market section for one from a 03/04 Cobra.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Why would you want to? In these cars, the aluminum block is MUCH more HP capable than the iron block. Those 03/04 big HP guys want your block, I bet they'd trade you straight up and think "SUCKER!"

Rickycv04

I dunno what brand yet, any suggestions? Im going with street wanna have between 500 to 650hp, And im going with cast iron cause I was told that my aluminum block will start cracking with the heat

Last edited:

Smoked SVT

Established Member
I dunno what brand yet, any suggestions? Im going with street wanna have between 500 to 650hp, And im going with cast iron cause I was told that my aluminum block will start cracking with the heat

not the biggest expert but I know that our teksid blocks are highly sought after and that doesnt sound true at all.

95PGTTech

Established Member
^+1. They obviously have never built a modular motor before. Consult a well known builder like Livernois to help you, these are not the run of the mill motor.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I've always had the exact opposite experience. :shrug:
The only aftermarket builder that was willing to work with my block.

LitleWhiteSnake

Yeah, Its a VTEC
Established Member
I've always had the exact opposite experience. :shrug:
The only aftermarket builder that was willing to work with my block.

then they suck!!!!! why do you think 03-04 guys drop your block in there cars cuz its weaker.... noooo lol keep your block drop in 03-04 cobra crank, rods and some cp low cop pistons. and for turbo hellion ftw

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member
Thanks guys so what would be the best cams to get

You're not going to need any with the turbochargers, they'll make more power than pump gas can hold just on boost.

But, if you really want to waste money, the best factory cams would probably be Ford GT cams (around $600), and the best aftermarket cams would be a custom grind.

Users who are viewing this thread