Twinscrew on 91 Octane

wh0a62

Established Member
I noticed a lot of California terminators with either KBs or whipples making in the mid 500s rwhp/rwtq which is close to stage v port #s with a lower. Now my question is, is it really worth the extra $$$ to go twinscrew over port with the craptastic 91 that is available in Cali???

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
its hard to make power on either with 91, but youll have way more headroom with the TwinScrew rather than the Heaton. Plus the additional heat of the Eaton (even ported) coupled with 91 craptane means you will have just an "eh" timing curve.

not like 500whp is even usable for the daily commute, but when fun time comes, just throw some 100 in there and bump the timing up. Have your tuner get you a second tune for 100 or race gas.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
its hard to make power on either with 91, but youll have way more headroom with the TwinScrew rather than the Heaton. Plus the additional heat of the Eaton (even ported) coupled with 91 craptane means you will have just an "eh" timing curve.

not like 500whp is even usable for the daily commute, but when fun time comes, just throw some 100 in there and bump the timing up. Have your tuner get you a second tune for 100 or race gas.

500+ is very usable for the daily commute. I make just under 600 on pump and drive it to work daily and love it!

A race gas tune is a must though. Great thing is I can remove my 3.5" whipple upper and toss on the 3.0 in a matter of minutes, pop the race gas tune in the car, fill her up with the good stuff and have a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread