twinturbos or 2.4 kb

04 cobra

Established Member
any of you guys no where i could get my hands on a twinturbo setup at and would you go withe new 2.4 kb or the twinturbo setup i need some help what do you think

04 cobra

Established Member
so you think that a single turbo would be better then twins and how much boost you think you could run safley

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
well you can control the boost of the turbos with the wastegates so you could have a flip chip made for regular gas and race gas the most prolly on regular gas would be 12-14psi but on race gas 15+ on a safe tune but with just the 12-14psi you would prolly see 700rwhp if not 800 or more

04 cobra

Established Member
thats would be sick what do you think the lag time would be or do you think it would spoll pretty fast cause i thought that with twins that i would eliminate the lag time but that single turbo setup sounds all some

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
If I had the money, I'd definitley go with a twin turbo setup, and a flip chip.. dump some race fuel into it, flip the chip, turn up the boost to 20 psi and have 900 hp at the flywheel..

04 cobra

Established Member
that set up is so bad ass that would be killer that place is only 3 hours away form where i live i mite have to give them a call

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
turbo...i dont know about single or dual but i know with dual the lag is less...the HP TT kit is nice...cobra at my tuners has one...810rwhp at 4800rpms (ran out of fuel) and 21psi....they detuned it to run at 14 i think and its 625rwhp or so

04 cobra

Established Member
those are some killer numbers am really looking forward to twinturboing my car how much horsepower can a stockbottom end take

There are a couple different routes you could go. First thing you need to ask yourself, is do you want a torque monster? Highway monster, etc.

You could go with an induction concepts twin turbo setup..a little more pricey then the HP twin turbo setup, although I personally like it better. Either way..both kits are good to 850 HP on twin 50mm turbos with supporting mods(fuel, tuning, etc)
This way you could be a Highway monster, then you could also bolt up some slicks and mane a 9 sec et at the track

If you want a torque monster, street monster, go with the kenne bell. You could make a lot of power with this setup as well, with supporting mods as well, and go very fast.

SO like I said, figure out what you want to do, then you can get some more quesiton answered!

04 cobra

Established Member
i would like something thats is a Highway monster but be able to bolt on my slicks and put down a bad ass time at the track so do you think that the the new kenne bell would be my best bet over the twins cause i no that the the kenne bell would make some monster torque and be a monster on the street what would be your gess

04 cobra

Established Member
04 cobra said:
i would like something thats is a Highway monster but be able to bolt on my slicks and put down a bad ass time at the track so do you think that the the new kenne bell would be my best bet over the twins cause i no that the the kenne bell would make some monster torque and be a monster on the street what would be your gess[/QUOTE

and i now that the twinsurbos would all so be a Highway and i now that they make good torque i realll dont no what to do :shrug:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Having done a bunch of combinations including:

- Stock blower running 2.93" upper and 4lb lower with 100hp dry shot
- 2.3L Whipple on built 302 stroker, Crower stage2 cams, 19psi
- HP twin turbo on built 324 bigbore/stroker, etc., 10psi

I say TWINS all the way.

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread