Two Kills, Two days

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Well I have had my car for 4 days now. Already had 2 true encounters.

First, an S197 GT 5 speed. Seemed to be about an 07 or 08. Sounded stock. I pulled up to a red light in the center lane, he was in the right lane. The light turned green and I took off normally. Since I don't have second gear I normally wind 1st out to about 20 mph then shift to third. I guess he thought that was a challenge as he decides to hit it in first. And since I am in third doing 25 at this time he pulled just over a car on me. Then he shifted into second at this point I was pulling very hard to his door. Passed him doing about 65-70 and held that to about 6K in third, since there isn't a reason to go any faster. I slowed down pretty quick and he came up my passenger side. I guess he didn't know my car was s/c caused he had a very surprised look on his face. I just looked at him laughed and gave the thumbs up. Not bad for the first kill in a car I just got with no second gear.

Second. On quite a bigger road than the first kill. Car was a 99? Trans Am LS1 A4. We were both in the center lane due to other cars on the road. Light turns green and he takes off at a decent clip. Again I have to shift 1-3 but I hold 1st until about 35-40 mph and shift as quick as I can into third. I pull next to his door and that is when he decided it was go time. Well I obliged and decided he should be taught a lesson. I instantly pulled on him and by the time I hit 6.5K in third he was about a bus length behind me. We hit the next red light and he asked, "What year is it?", replied with an '01, with a full Eaton s/c swap and told him I had no 2nd gear. Haha he seemed disgruntled but knew he couldn't do anything. Then this light turns green and he floors it, but he didn't spin or anything, not even a chirp so my guess his is that his car isn't running any where near 100%.

Well those are the Snake Bite victims for my first 4 days of owner, and with no second gear, haha.

r2kool4u

Blah Blah
Established Member
Don't know. I am going to have it looked at tomorrow.

If it matters when second went out I was attempting to do a 1-2 run and when I went to shift second there was a slight grind then nothing. Went to put it in gear and it is like it is in neutral. But when you are stopped at idle and you shift into second there is that clunk from the driveline slack getting taken up but nothing when you let the clutch out.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Haha, I didn't know I had a profile here until I went to go make one and it said the email was already in use. I made it when I was like 15 I think haha.

If you PM a mod/post in the suggestion box, you can have your screen name changed.

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice kills...i rode around for a while with no 3rd or 4th gear when i broke my shift fork in my 97 cobra several years back. i had to go 1st 2nd then 5th...thank God I had 4.10s lol.

Users who are viewing this thread