Tx Leo's/ TROOPERS or anyone with VALID info plz

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
I would like to paint my car back to it's original color. It's an 86 5.0 SSP TROOPER car. It was black and white with all the bells and whistles. I want to paint it back to black and white and possibly put PERIOD CORRECT stickers back on it...but NO lights. it just had lights in the grill and inside none outside of it. So my question is can i do it?
I'm not gonna put the siren or anything like that back on it...just make it look how it did...or can i put the siren back in? I dont wanna do this and then get pulled over and ticketed...i want to cover all my bases. If it's illegal then i guess it's gonna be painted BAB. But i'd really like to see this car like it was in it's heyday. Thanks again for helping me out. MOD(s) please move if it's in the wrong place.

83 5oh

Established Member
That was fast thanks..but what about the period correct stickers? I know they aren't the same style as it is now.

txyaloo

Established Member
That was fast thanks..but what about the period correct stickers? I know they aren't the same style as it is now.

You can't put any decals on it that say Police, State Trooper, DPS, Department of Public Safety, etc. If you want decals for car shows, get them printed on magnets and put them on the body once you get parked. Do not drive on a public highway with them.

83 5oh

Established Member
sweet then i'll just paint it BAB cause driving around with it just black and white and going to like 1-2 car shows a year just aren't worth it. when i get another coupe i'll probably just retire this one and do the full resto. but for now...BAB it is. thanks guys.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
You can't put any decals on it that say Police, State Trooper, DPS, Department of Public Safety, etc. If you want decals for car shows, get them printed on magnets and put them on the body once you get parked. Do not drive on a public highway with them.

Roger that.

Users who are viewing this thread