Tyler, heard ya broke the Cobra at CCC.

Tylerb59

Established Member
Yea, the Cobra brought home on a trailer again ... what's new. :whine:

My first pass I got into wheel hop, backed off and then on. Ran 11.6 @ 126. :coolman:
http://www.rkarasek.com/video/SSEFI 10059.wmv

I'm very happy with the trap speed, but dissapointed I didn't get a good hole shot.

Next run in competition, I dropped the clutch with a bit of slip. The tires were nice and sticky ... *SNAP*.

It's a very, very loud bang and the car fell silent for a moment. The thing didn't move an inch and just sat there.

Got out, nothing was leaking so everyone came to the rescue and pushed it off the track.

We later pushed it onto a trailer and it's currently at Ellis' shop in Monroe. We pulled the drivers side half shaft last night and the thing busted clean in front of the joint near the rotor.

Here is a piece of the half shaft:

Not 100% sure the direction we're going to go with this, (Level 5 HS or built Solid). But in the nearest future we're going to throw in the stock half shafts from Marc's car as he's upgrading to DSS L5.

This car has not been cheap. :dw:

Last edited:

Snowboarda42

PMS Damage Control Tech
Established Member
i remember when jake did that at the track, it was friggin hillarious!!!:lol:

oh, just kidding jake.

I say go Level 5, not solid axle. Unless your only gonna drag race it, in which case you should give me your IRS :pepper:

DeeJayA

Fight For Your Mind
Established Member
Tyler, I know of a well built solid rear diff, I know we have'nt talked about "the swap" in awhile but it means both cars being down, winters coming so I gotta start driving my truck anyway, still open to the idea, but can we build up the IRS in the process? call me or PM me, It would be cool to have IRS on the GT,thinking of upgrading the brakes, time for coil-overs and K-member too Xmas wish list haha

Users who are viewing this thread