Tyler TX

SVT04

Established Member
Anyone on here who can offer any constructive advice or info on what Tyler is like.

Have been batting the idea around for moving south now for several years and it looks like I will have a solid job offer later this year in Tyler.

We have been there several times as my wife is from Dallas and her parents live in the area (Van) .

Just give me you thoughts etc about the Tyler area and East Texas. I like the area as my initial impression.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
well, it's an East Texas chapter...but most of us live in the tyler area lol...what kind of information are you looking for about the tyler/ ET area?

ok...so i noticed alberta (so i'm assuming canada) well, it gets pretty effin' hot stays upper 90's to mid-100's all summer long on the norm. the winters are off and on and very rarely see much below freezing. somepared to some other states our roads are pretty well kept. i think tyler is starting to outgrow its current road system really as these are most of the same roads they've had for probably 40 years (not the literal roads themselves, just the lay out). it doesn't rain a whole lot but when it rains it pours lol. honestly depending where you live in tyler you may not have to drive over 5-10 blocks away for anything you could need (walmart, brookshires, convenient stores, even tire places lol) if you need anything else about the area let me know and i'd be glad to tell you or talk to one of our friend from united stangs as he's lived here nearly his entire life!

Last edited:

Longhornd00d

I Roll With My Kitties
Established Member
Anyone on here who can offer any constructive advice or info on what Tyler is like.

Have been batting the idea around for moving south now for several years and it looks like I will have a solid job offer later this year in Tyler.

We have been there several times as my wife is from Dallas and her parents live in the area (Van) .

Just give me you thoughts etc about the Tyler area and East Texas. I like the area as my initial impression.

Yea yea yea!

Last edited:

SVT04

Established Member
Thanks guys ,how are things like the cost of living ,taxes,utilities etc.
Good or bad parts to live etc. ?

george.arnold

Established Member
if you're looking at houses in Tyler dont even worry about looking north of 5th street. i'd really try to stay well south of the loop if i were you. traffic is a pita in tyler, especially on the loop and south broadway, so try to stay south of town where you can just go to walmart/target for your every day needs. i cant say much about the money part, since i still dont have to worry about that too much yet (only 21). Tyler is a great place for grown people if you ask me. i plan on retiring in the area, but i dont think i'd ever raise kids there.

Users who are viewing this thread