Typhoon intake kit or 4.10 gear set?

True Blue 02

Established Member
Just need you guy's opinion on which one you would buy? The kit come with satin intake and plenum and 75mm throttle body...

clc44

Established Member
You will feel more of a gain with 4.10's from what I hear. Either wouldn't be bad. Will need a tune to fully take advantage of the intake parts.

tobynt

Established Member
I absolutely hate when other people chime in to give feedback on parts they don't have. Soooo, it truly pains me to say this but I'm going to be one of those people right now.

I haven't seen a dyno sheet that posted any gains from that intake. I also haven't heard anyone say anything good about it that can back it up with more then a "butt" dyno.

However, I personally haven't ever used that intake....so, you may want to take it with a grain of salt. With all of that, I'd go with the gear set.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
Stock intakes flow really well actually if your not a high horsepower forced induction set up leave it alone. 4.10's are by far the best gear out there for our cars.

02blownGT

Established Member
I have seen typhoons lose mph in the 1/4 on three setups,im not a fan either.For an intake find a used RR or a p51 even.

Users who are viewing this thread