U-DRAG RACE: M8 Competition vs. S550 GT500

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1801492
All jokes aside, this is an undeniably badass looking car. I’m looking for a replacement for my rs7 next summer as a second warm weather work car, and the gt500 never hit my radar. Should it?
Anyone paying $90-100k for a gt500, should be able to stretch it to an m8. Price difference is a moot point at this level.

E63s

A friend had an M5 comp. POS has spent most of its life in the shop. Never.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
IMG_3963.jpeg
IMG_2748.jpeg
I’m sure they’re nice, I just choose AMG or Audi over BMW. I’m looking for the right ‘18-19 E63s personally.
-J
Amg is on my short list. I wanted to get the wife an sq8 a year ago, and just could not find one. So we went with an x5m50. I could not be more impressed. It’s fast, comfortable, and the interior is gorgeous. I’m wanting to try something different than the Audi this time around.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I prefer the pre-facelift ‘18-19 e63s. I drove the four door GT63 and while amazed at the tech and overal package I’ll take the E63s and have @patc84 tee it up for a great daily.
-J

dan1982

Established Member
E63s

A friend had an M5 comp. POS has spent most of its life in the shop. Never.
mine too. i had a 750li and it was the worst experience ever. In the end it threw a 9000 dollar transmsiision. STOCK power level. unmodified.,

dan1982

Established Member
Every single one of these videos I start with the understanding that the GT500 is going to have a limp dick launch
It would be soooo nice if they put a sticky tire on the mustang.... it needs it. everyone understands that.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
mine too. i had a 750li and it was the worst experience ever. In the end it threw a 9000 dollar transmsiision. STOCK power level. unmodified.,
Which 750 and which transmission, the ZF8 is a stout unit. Did you have an old bangle butt buy here / pay here special?

As far as I’m concerned this slow 100k+ mustang will be the least desirable mustang since the Mustang II. Time will tell.

Yeah I'm not so sure that prophecy is going to come true

dan1982

Established Member
Which 750 and which transmission, the ZF8 is a stout unit. Did you have an old bangle butt buy here / pay here special?

Yeah I'm not so sure that prophecy is going to come true
it was a 2006 bmw 750li... bought from orange county BMW... and my little cousin had a 2015 5 series bmw that bmw put THREE transmissions in his car. THREE.... under warranty. They still use these damn valve bodies The gaskets fail/solenoids malfunction/ plastic cracks and the result is pressure loss/ a tranny that doesnt function correctly. The START of the tranny issue presented itself when the driver can FEEL the car shift into FIRST gear coming to a stop.... owners at that point start chasing ghosts... like myself... Guibo flex disks (the german version of a UJOINT) .... they try fluid replacement/ maybe a control module... whatever.. it doesnt fix it. It was a nightmre. The new cars do have temp sensors in there.. so thats a good thing i guess. Heat seems to really bother these trannys., BMW Remanufactured Automatic Transmission Valve Body (Mechatronics) - ZF 24347647851

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL
I'd LOVE a S550 GT500, not gonna lie. Actually, it was on the list. BUT,................trying to pay sticker for "one at the time" was pretty stupid for me. All set with that. After sending emails out asking about MSRP. LOL @ paying over MSRP, in which the manufacturer displays/sets how much the car costs,.....but paying over that?!?! That's not for me. No offense to anyone that has.

I still love the BMW cars as well though. I'm not a brand loyalist. LOVE the M3 Competition with xDrive. The M5 and M8 Competition are nasty as well, as seen here.
LOVE the X5M Competition and the X7M Competition. Beautiful and fast.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nah, I prefer my mustangs with a 3rd pedal. As far as I’m concerned this slow 100k+ mustang will be the least desirable mustang since the Mustang II. Time will tell.
Yeah I have a few of those too. All have Tremec transmissions. So does this one, it’s just faster than we can ever be but go ahead and keep hating the next Gen tech. My ‘23 Mach 1 has a third pedal, so I understand to a point but the GT500 is next level with a majority of that credit to the DCT.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread