U.S. Postal Service

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
there are a lot of assumptions and inaccuracies in this thread.

mail is not charged according to "how stiff" it is, thats ****ing stupid. its first class mail if its under 13oz. if its over, then different rates and delivery options are available. no birthday card is ever going to cost more than a single stamp.

the avg mail carrier doesnt make anywhere near $65k/yr. the top wage is $62,454. the average for all carriers is somewhere around $46-$48k/yr. if you feel its that easy, i encourage you to give it a shot.

delivery points and destination points dont make that much difference in delivery times, it still has to process through the same channels, especially in sorting centers. it shouldnt have taken eight days, but who knows.

there is a LARGE disconnect between management and carriers in a post office. most supervisors and post masters havent ever run a route and simply dont know what its like to deliver a route. adding to that, upper management encourages basically any cost cutting idea, to the point of firing the custodians so the post master can clean bathrooms to save money to earn themselves a larger bonus at the end of the year.

and FYI, the post office doesnt take tax payer money, it hasnt for a VERY long time. also, any contract it enters (such as delivering for amazon) is required to turn a profit by law. additionally, the post office made $2.9B profit between 2013-2015.

heres what screwing over the post office: In 2006, a lame-duck Congress mandated that the Postal Service pre-fund retiree health benefits. No other agency or company in the country has to pre-fund for even one year; the Postal Service must pre-fund 75 years' worth of these benefits in advance. That $5.6 billion annual charge is the “red ink.”

nxhappy

Established Member
well, ya get what ya pay for. And it IS the govt. Nuff said.

97snakebite

Established Member
No homo but I actually have pretty good relationship with my mail guy considering he delivered half my car. The only time I have a issue with USPS is with amazon when it uses fedex and usps to deliver 1 package.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Post Office by work is terrible. There's always one lady asking everyone in line if they are buying stamps via credit only. You're not? She can't help you. WTF do you do then, woman? How stupid are you?!

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
My Fiancee And I always get her dads mail. Her name is Michaela and her dads name is Michael.. We moved and they keep forwarding his mail to us. Some of the stuff we get is pretty important and it has my address on it. He doesn't even live in the same state. We've gone to both post offices. Called their customer service a number of times only to get put on hold for 45 minutes, then an automation tells me I have hold for another 45 minutes. Never did reach anyone.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

mail is not charged according to "how stiff" it is, thats ****ing stupid. its first class mail if its under 13oz. if its over, then different rates and delivery options are available. no birthday card is ever going to cost more than a single stamp.

the avg mail carrier doesnt make anywhere near $65k/yr. the top wage is $62,454. the average for all carriers is somewhere around $46-$48k/yr. if you feel its that easy, i encourage you to give it a shot.

delivery points and destination points dont make that much difference in delivery times, it still has to process through the same channels, especially in sorting centers. it shouldnt have taken eight days, but who knows.

there is a LARGE disconnect between management and carriers in a post office. most supervisors and post masters havent ever run a route and simply dont know what its like to deliver a route. adding to that, upper management encourages basically any cost cutting idea, to the point of firing the custodians so the post master can clean bathrooms to save money to earn themselves a larger bonus at the end of the year.

and FYI, the post office doesnt take tax payer money, it hasnt for a VERY long time. also, any contract it enters (such as delivering for amazon) is required to turn a profit by law. additionally, the post office made $2.9B profit between 2013-2015.

heres what screwing over the post office: In 2006, a lame-duck Congress mandated that the Postal Service pre-fund retiree health benefits. No other agency or company in the country has to pre-fund for even one year; the Postal Service must pre-fund 75 years' worth of these benefits in advance. That $5.6 billion annual charge is the “red ink.”
Yes we do fund the post office, just because it's in a roundabout way, doesn't make it false. Paying a credit card off with another card doesn't make you debt free.

http://fortune.com/2015/03/27/us-postal-service/

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I think my mail lady has the hots for me.
3889fb0095b646a868ff970e216d65f6.jpg

She's got one question for you.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member

productimage-picture-im_going_postal_today-41.gif

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
The post office only exist because it's existence is written into the constitution. Otherwise it would have gone belly up years ago.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
My brother was trying to send me a calendar. Not only took it 3 months to get to Broomfield, CO (I moved in the meantime, bought a new home, no more apartment life) and they do have a mail forward, they returned it back to Munich with this put on there. I should go into the post office and talk to a supervisor. That is not funny (well it is, but still). Interesting that it took less than 2 weeks to return, but 3 months to get there. Talk about USPS efficiency...

Calendar.jpg

LEXiiON

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
**** USPS. I bought this house, got my mail fine when I did the address change. Didn't check my mail for 5 days. Simply from being busy and not wanting to go down the street to the mailboxes.

They put a blue " vacant. mail will not be delivered until this paper is removed" paper in my mailbox. Because of 5 days.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I had a world renowned race car driver send me payment through the mail that took 2 months to get to me. I sent the part before payment received, it really made me wonder.
e5b8d13564ce846d3bbf5937cba1fc40.jpg

Can anyone name this car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Can't say I've ever had a problem. Only "slight" issue was Christmas cards 2 years ago. Should take 3, 4..maybe 5 days. At 7 business days, both my parents and grandparents (same city, different address) had not gotten theirs. Little did I know I was friends on FB with someone who works for the post office. After my rant, he explained that things get sorted into bags, and sent from one location to another. On the way from FL to IL, the bag with both my cards likely get sent in the wrong direction. He said the cards should show up within a week and they did.

SirShaun

Established Member
I cringe whenever my packages get handed off to the USPS. I've had a few packages never arrive, when dealing with them.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Honestly, I've never really had a major problem with USPS. I've never had a "difficult" address and don't have an overly common name.

Now getting anything done at the DMV, other than a simple license renewal, can be incredibly irritating. I can only imagine the retards they deal with though...

Users who are viewing this thread