Ubuntu 11.04

LSUstang05

Established Member
I searched for a thread on Ubuntu and didn't see one that was anywhere near recent so if there is one and I missed it, I'm sorry and we can close this thread down.

Anyway... is anybody here running Ubuntu 11.04? I partitioned off part of my 1TB desktop and installed it. Absolutely love it so far. Very similar to Apple's OS, but slightly different. From the very little that I've poked around under the hood and messed with the OS, it seems relatively easy if you are at all tech savvy. The nice thing that I really like is that it supports all of the popular programs that most people use like Skype, programs for Office Files (.docx, .xlsx, .pptx, etc...), Firefox, Chrome, VLC, Boxee, and a bunch of different ones.

I may end up putting this on my Mac and use it as my primary OS if I don't find anything inherently wrong with it over the course of the next week or so. If anybody else is using it and has some tips or programs that I should get, let me know as I'm pretty (extremely) new to this! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread