UCA and LCA question

themachwon22

Established Member
Rode in a friends car and his control arms were let's say noisy ...

They squeaked a lot and it was rather unpleasant

Is there an UCA and LCA that perhaps doesn't sqweak so bad?

Believe he was running UPR adjustables however they didn't have bushings they were solid

Just need help deciding what to get... I'm looking to get adjustables however should I get a brand that has bushings so they arnt so noisy

Thanks for the help

clc44

Established Member
Bmr seems to be popular. Just about any with bushings will be rather quiet. I'm looking for the same thing.

red13

Established Member
BMR has grease fittings on there polys. I'm using them. I was in Oregon coast for a year and no squeaks. Now that I'm in AZ no squeaks here rather. I followed BMR recommendations.

CJ

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Whiteline makes the quietess suspension system on the market! The difference is synthetic elastomer bushings. they provide the best of both worlds. The quietness of rubber with the deflection capabilities of of poly. And they dont need to be greased. Ive had my whiteline lca's front and rear sways, and watts link on my car for over a year and not a peep from them in all weather conditions. Bmr also offers their own synthetic elstomer bushings so if you go with their parts order those bushings!

themachwon22

Established Member
I appreciate everything all so is there a huge difference between the regular ones and the adjustable ... I don't see myself adjusting them like ever so it is worth getting ?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Always get adjustable parts, its better to have adjustability and not need it , then to need it and not have it! Everything in my suspension is adjustable!

bullet3z

Established Member

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When i bought the entire whiteline kit from beefcake, that being: lca,uca,relo's front and rear sways and watts link, he gave it to me for $50 above his cost, a heck of a deal ....so if you buy it all at once call him! You will be glad you did!

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
Did you get them from late model restorations ?

I have whiteline UCA new design and relocation brackets used for 2k switched over to BMR totally I have a magnum setup and one piece DS from axel exchange and with my suspension setup ie springs couldn't get pinion angle within tolerance. The brackets and mounts did perform very quietly PM me for a good price and pics.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I also had squeaks in my full BMR (minus coilovers) suspension. You have to grease them every 6 months, or when you hear them again. I used the Amsoil synthetic grease recommended by Unleashedbeast and BMR and that fixed everything up nicely. No squeaks.

Now if I can only get that UCA nut tightened enough so that it didn't rattle.... >=(

WHITELINE

Established Member
WHITELINE actually has 2 arms available now. A fixed version KTA158 was recently released. This new FIXED LCA for the S197 Mustang features forged ends and a Patent Approved MAX-C bushing design that is tuned to be clocked into position to allow deflection along the X-axis needed for cornering loads and reinforced fore/aft to eliminate wheel hop.

The forged ends are an industry first innovation by WL during testing for heavy duty offroad applications. Instead of a cut and contoured design the Forged End has a male/female press fit base that will accept a center body DOM tube. The Forged end is also beveled at the attachment point to allow greater weld engagement to ensure the strongest weld possible. Testing has been insanely impressive for fixed end designs.

The MAX-C is a highly engineered dual durometer bushing design. The inner bearing is stiffer to minimize hole gaping during peak load deflection thus eliminating debris and contamination. The inner bearing and outer cushion is bonded to a swedged reinforcement steel tube that redistributes load evenly minimizing stress concentrations. MAX-C uses a Grease Free PTFE liner impregnated onto the ID for a Squeak Free, Maintenance Free, Worry Free operation.

KTA158.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread