UGH! Do I need to change my tires? *PICS*

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Nitto NT555R's... they have about 4k on them right now.
Picture012.jpg

Picture011.jpg

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Seems you're getting close to changing them. You have about 1k miles before you need a tire change it looks like. That's what happens when you have that soft of a compound tire. BFG KDW's FTW!!!

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
It depends on if you sit down to pee or your a man and can do it standing up. Just so you know, I've got some of the best bite from a tire like that when they are down to 1/32'' or less on the tread depth.

Just don't be a DA and drive in the rain at highway speeeds and you'll be fine.

breoland

Established Member
the nitto 555r last a decent amount of time for a drag radial. the more you light em up the faster they will wear out.
if you had something more stickier like the bfg drag radial they would have lasted probable even less then what you got now

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Seems you're getting close to changing them. You have about 1k miles before you need a tire change it looks like. That's what happens when you have that soft of a compound tire. BFG KDW's FTW!!!

BFG KDW's tell me more! I'm done with these 555's I was expecting more than 5k miles on them that is just sad. I guess its my own damn fault going with such a soft tire...

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
you should be fine as long as you don't drive in the rain.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
It depends on if you sit down to pee or your a man and can do it standing up. Just so you know, I've got some of the best bite from a tire like that when they are down to 1/32'' or less on the tread depth.

Just don't be a DA and drive in the rain at highway speeeds and you'll be fine.

Lol I hardly think that driving on an unsafe street tire has anything to do with the size of my dick. I don't drive them in the rain as it is, I almost found that out the hard way 360 degrees later on the highway :nonono:

I'm at the point where I'm willing to sacrifice a little bite for more life expectancy. Enlighten me people@!

Last edited:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
with a sig like that, who cares about your tires!
chit I could watch that for hours.

uh, yeah, you have less than a month of DD on those rubbers... no rain!

fastlif

Established Member
I think the best non drag radial tire is the michelin ps2 from what I have read. Never tried myself.

69b302

Established Member
Your not worn flat to the tread bars(2/32"), so they are legal. The nitto drag radials only come with 6/32", so they look to be 3/4 gone, before not legal. I run mine down below the tread bars to get the most life, and use caution in the wet. I would run them another 3k.

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
I think the best non drag radial tire is the michelin ps2 from what I have read. Never tried myself.

The Hankook V12 is a great low cost alternative to the PS2. 95% of the performance for 1/3 of the cost.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
I just put my 305 555r's on today. Guess I'm gonna need new ones next year from what I'm reading. Oh well, gotta pay to play! At least I can tell when these are spinning, they screech like mad. The oem tires spun silently!

Who makes a 305/35-18 or 305/40-18 in a street tire?

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
OP your tires look fine to me. I would guess from the pics you have at least another 3k miles before they need replaced unless you go to the track often. Imo no mater how much tread life drag radials have you should avoid driving in rain.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Well my KDW's aren't what you'd say the best fro traction. They catch once you heat them up a good bit, but I've beat on them for a year and still have about another year left in them. Have about 12,000 miles on them at the least. Maybe more and they're not warn much at all. Maybe try nitto invos. Better traction, but not as good treadwear but better than the DR's you had.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Don't buy 05r's unless you have another set of rims. Dangerous in the rain at any speed. 555r's are the only all around DR.

Eleanor88

Established Member
I got two OE take off rims and put the Micky Thompson drag radials and they hook like know other! IMO there is nothing better for these cars if your out ripping on it down the track or the street. Just make sure you have a A/M drive shaft and some control arms cause they hook hard!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
nahh.. your fine...plenty of life left. I drove my MTs to this:

img00054201002201220.jpg

fastlif

Established Member
YES you should and here is why:

VETTE.jpg

here is another:
P3146048.jpg

P3146047.jpg

P3146046.jpg

P3146043.jpg

both locals, both just cruising on the interstate not showing out. just a small shower.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
After a year of struggling and mucho reading, I came to the exact conclusion as everyone above: PS2s are the best street tire (but expensive), the Hankooks a cheaper alternative and many like the KDWs. But, DRs are the only was to go for traction. Nittos last the longest, but MTs hook much better. And avoid rain with any DR. For a street car the Nittos are the best compromise between wet/dry and wear.

Users who are viewing this thread