UMI LCA's...these look right?

Jukens

Established Member
Just received and installed these umi lca's and relocation brackets and noticed that on the larger end of the LCAs it isn't welded center and is longer on one side. Both of them are identical and longer on the same side. Is this correct. I figured they would be opposite of each other.
peru7azu.jpg

Jukens

Established Member
What I meant is the bigger joint isn't welded in the center. The joint is longer on one side and they are both longer on the same side. So the longer sides are both facing the passenger side. I figured they would either face in or out not in the same direction. They don't mirror each other.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Ohh lol never seen that. That's why I kept it simple and just went bmr. I have their lca's, lowering springs, and pan hard.

Jukens

Established Member
Looks like they put the grease fittings on the wrong side on one of the lca's.....

DTL

Established Member
they're offset from the factory too. BMR (and most others too, I think) supply you with offset bushings that do the same thing. The instructions should tell you which way the offset is supposed to face. I can't remember offhand.

jdcobra

Established Member
Thicker bushing goes in rear when you're installing them

Jukens

Established Member
I know the bigger bushings are to the rear just wasn't sure that the offset both go in the same direction or if they were supposed to mirror each other.

5lho

Established Member
They are opposite, with the deeper portion of the rear facing the axle. It looks like you got two lefts there. If you want them to be greasable easily, you'll have to ring up the company and get them to send you a right or a new set.

Performance won't be affected and you only need to add grease in the 1 pump a year range so, you could use these and just drop the one that's backward as needed but, I wouldn't stand for that hassle.

You'll find these are a pretty good piece once you get this sorted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread