undecided??

ncpower08

Established Member
Hey guys so I am going to need some help. Right now I am lookin at two differen't types of short trow shifter. Frist is the MGW and the second one is the Hurst short throw shifter. I have an 08 and have been reading as much as I can about the two. So far from what I have seen they are evenly mached. So now I am asking for experince to do the talking. If it makes a diffrence I have a stock trany. Thanks guys.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
ive got the hurst ssk. i like it, youve got to shift it like a man though. its got a super positive, forceful engaugement to it. sometimes banging third is hard, but you get used to it. plus it looks cool as hell imho.

Jaymass2175

Established Member
I put in the MGW probably my best mod to date...changed everything......really impressive shifter

upl8dave

Established Member
Here's an old post of mine. You get the best of both worlds.

Got my "mutt" shifter put together today and thought that I'd share a few insights. First of all, I wanted a MGW shifter (hands down the best),for my 09 GT/CS. The car is Dark Candy Apple Red with a black and gray interior. It seemed to me that a chrome Hurst shick with a classic white ball would be an ideal retro look. Only problem was the MGW has a round hole for the stick and the Hurst stick is about 5/16" x 1" rectangular. Kindergarten taught me that this wouldn't work, but monster garage taught me that it would. I had a local machine shop do some magic and everything came out perfect. I installed the shifter myself using my ramps (about 12" high). I wouldn't want to do that again. It would probably be a big enough pain to do it under a regular lift. The Hurst stick and rubber grommet came from Summit Racing. One other thing, I turned the adjustment for the throw 4 complete turns. It couldn't have come out better, shifts perfect.
PICT0029.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

Roush Extreme Exhaust
MGW Shifter
03 DSG Cobra Vert Sold & Missed

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Established Member
You need to jack the car up to install this???

Yes, to install the link arms on the shifter that connect to the trans you have to jack the car up and remove a series on 2 bolts (10mm or 12mm) that hold the shifter in place and then 2 link arms bolt and its out.

WizardsCobra

LTHL SVT
Established Member
I had a Steeda shifter on my 02 GT it was awesome. I had a Steeda shifter on my 03 Cobra and it sucked badly. Do over again MGW is the way to go I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread