Under Bumper Battery Tray install pics..

typhoon43

Established Member
I thought I would post up a few pics of the install. Our trays looked pretty decent as far as fitment went, so we thought it would be no problem knocking out 2 on Monday night. HAHAHAHAHAH!!! YEAH RIGHT! In defense of RuSlow, our trays lined up great. The only catch is that Screaming01L has a cutoff switch and a tiny Odyssey battery, and I have a battery the size of Texas..
Anyways, we got Screaming01L's completely finished, and hopefully we'll get mine in on Thursday night.
On to the Pics

This is what we finally came up with as a safe mounting solution. Looks like we owe someone a tie-down hehe. Had to drill 4 more holes in the tray.
Davebattery1.jpg

We had to move his tray towards the front a bit to clear the kill switch. This involved 2 new bolt holes, and hogging the original hole on each side out to sit flush against the frame, thanks to 2 giant rivets for the stock X-brace in the back.
Davebattery.jpg

Clearance between the switch now.
Davebattery2.jpg

More than a finger's worth of space. Can you tell how much we loved this install?
Davebattery3.jpg

My Stinger Dry Cell setup
JoshBattery2.jpg

We removed the 2 side tabs, and then used 6 self tapping screws to mount the battery box to the tray. I covered the screws with carpet on the bottom to keep them from rubbing into the battery.
Joshbattery3.jpg

Securely mounted, and ready for Thursday. Hopefully it will go a lot smoother than Dave's crazy getup haha!
JoshBattery4.jpg

Once bolted up the bracket seems VERY solid. All in all I think it's a great mod to help weight transfer, and to give us some more room up front to utilize for IC reservoirs, turbos, etc.. Thanks Stan! :eek:ldtu:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Self tapping screws????? wtf dude go buy some nuts and bolts and do it right. I also would go with some thick rubber instead of carpet

typhoon43

Established Member
Self tapping screws????? wtf dude go buy some nuts and bolts and do it right. I also would go with some thick rubber instead of carpet

I have plenty of nuts and bolts available. The 6 tap screws will hold just fine. I may do the rubber sheet though. The carpet was all we had readily available on Monday night.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Am I correct in seeing this goes in the spare tire location? If so how much do all the cables weigh for the relocation? Can that weight difference be made up for by using a lightweight battery? How can I find out what that costs?

Thanks

typhoon43

Established Member
Am I correct in seeing this goes in the spare tire location? If so how much do all the cables weigh for the relocation? Can that weight difference be made up for by using a lightweight battery? How can I find out what that costs?

Thanks

The tray is very light. Cabling may weigh like 10-15 pounds if you use 4 gauge.
RUSLOW over at N L O C made them.

chesster51

Established Member
Typhoon, are you doing a MD switch also? Dave, are the extra wires on your switch for an altenator cut out? Do you have any pics of where and how connected into the factory positive? I'm in process of doing this too is why I ask.

Thanks, Rick

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Typhoon, are you doing a MD switch also? Dave, are the extra wires on your switch for an altenator cut out? Do you have any pics of where and how connected into the factory positive? I'm in process of doing this too is why I ask.

Thanks, Rick

yes, spare wire will be for the alternator cut off. Its just run to the front for now. The MD switch is right behind the battery. I replaced the factory positive completely and ran #2 all the way back from the solenoid to the switch and then to the bat. Will be running a 200 amp unit to help with the 2 fans and e water pump

Users who are viewing this thread