Under driver pulleys

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
From all the issues I've seen with em, I wouldn't go near em, the previous owner put them on my car with the 2v and I'm 99.9% sure they are why the oil pump imploded

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
From all the issues I've seen with em, I wouldn't go near em, the previous owner put them on my car with the 2v and I'm 99.9% sure they are why the oil pump imploded

Issues with the piggy back pullies maybe

Royal purple

Established Member
Steeda set ordered they will be installed by next weekend when I test an tune again. You guy's using all the pulleys in the set? Heard a few complain about charging issues? I don't have a big watt stereo.

THE RED 1

Wake up, piss excellence
Established Member
The piggybacks are 100 percent undenialble garbage, they say the steeda sets are good and march I believe but to me the risk doesn't outweigh the reward...just my 2 cents

TDUB003

Established Member
I have the Steeda set as well. I noticed a definite increase in putting them on. I did quite a bit of reading before installing them as I was worried about people who had mentioned issues with the modular motors.

From what I read, the people that ran into issues either had the piggy-back style pulleys or were consistently shifting over 7k. I don't run my car hard so I figured the chance of causing an issue was pretty low.

NC Mystic

Established Member
I have the March Performance set going on this week, N/A said they were the ones to go with so i took it as the word of god lol

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
And you guys are 100% wrong about piggybacks.

Sheesh

Been through this more times than I can count.
Quit giving out hearsay info.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Have had the Steeda pulleys on mine for years. The volt guage does read lower than usual at idle with the headlights and A/C on, but have never had charging or cooling issues.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The piggybacks are 100 percent undenialble garbage, they say the steeda sets are good and march I believe but to me the risk doesn't outweigh the reward...just my 2 cents

Not true, Piggy back pulleys are absolutely safe to RPMs as high as 7000.

The risks are not that great as I have installed many sets and never had a failure.

NC Mystic

Established Member
Also get their hydraboost and WP pulleys, my auto Mach picked up 18rw at 6300rpm them.

i picked up the hydraboost, fluid dampened harmonic ballencer, water pump pulley, and i can't remember if i went 3.2 or 4.0 alternator but it was one of the two

Thanks again for all the help N/A. the heads should be going on tomorrow!

also, 18 at the wheel is rather impressive for a pulley swap. maybe i'm just easily impressed. .

NC Mystic

Established Member
Peak power gain was less, around 8rw, but the increase was greater after peak.

Thats not bad at all, i'll take what i can get. All too curious to see what mine makes on the dyno (hopefully this week)

Royal purple

Established Member
Well atleast it sounds like I didn't waste my money LOL. Thanks guys I looking forward to giving them a try. Not looking for the fastes car but would like to see in the low 12's or 11's.

Users who are viewing this thread