under/over rated????

love bandit2

Established Member
THE ZETA PLATFORM IS SCRAPPED! there will be NO new Camaro... I read in wall street journal today that the reason they scrapped it is to make room for more truck/suv production... good plan GM.. especially when gas prices are close to 2.50 a gallon. I'll bet SUV sales will friggin syrocket!

Formula51

Established Member
I think the idiots buying SUV's will continue buying them believe it or not. Even if gas is $5.00 a gallon. Sorry, thats just a SUV stereotype of mine. GM is retarded, they suck so bad right now! Look at their downgraded credit rating and lowest stock price since 13 years ago and they still havent cut their dividend from $2.00 a share. They are certainly not practicing good business. They just recently shook things up and got rid of Luts as the chariman of GM North America, and what did they do, promoted him to head of GM Global. WOW! Water headed!

2002Z06yellow

Established Member
Ummm i dont understand why many of you speak of the cobra as the constant threat to the camaro. In the past 10 years(at least) an SS was always faster than a cobra! But that doesnt matter as this is not the point of this thread.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
2002Z06yellow said:
Ummm i dont understand why many of you speak of the cobra as the constant threat to the camaro. In the past 10 years(at least) an SS was always faster than a cobra! But that doesnt matter as this is not the point of this thread.

through 01 that was correct. but since 03 the cobra has put down more than enough straight line power to compete and pull chevy's top line vette(not the z06, speaking about the vette which is chevy's top of the line sports car). chevy would not make the mistake building the new comaro with more raw power than the c6.
chevy really missed the boat on this one. if the comaro did not sell when it had more power than the cobra how in the world is it going to sell if it has less power than the cobra? :idea:

TrueBlueCajun

Established Member
I'm sure the GT500 will be underrated but by how much is the real question. If GM is to produce another Camaro, it will be on another platform because the Zeta platform is gone by '08. GM already said they were ridding themself of rwd cars and focusing their efforts on SUVs, fwd sedans, etc. So no GTO, no Trans Am, no Camaro. If GM was smart, they'd develop a hi-performance car off the Monte Carlo platform for all the NASCAR fans. I'm sure you'd get better selling numbers than they did on the Holden Monaro..umm...Pontiac GTO. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread