Underdrive Alternator Pulley

BilletProShop

Established Member
Spinning your alternator passed the factory limit often leads to failure. Extend your alternator’s life by reducing its maximum RPM while maintaining sufficient charge at idle. Our 15% underdrive alternator pulley will help keep the rpms within a more reasonable range when spinning past the factory limiter. Our pulleys are CNC machined from billet 6061 aluminum and are hard black anodized for a durable finish.

$49.95 free shipping

Click HERE to order

IMG_2279_zpslrwkoo81.jpg

Sizeth3

Established Member
Have there been dynos to see what type of power gains would be expected from this? Idle voltage is still good? Also, is a new belt required?

BilletProShop

Established Member
Have there been dynos to see what type of power gains would be expected from this? Idle voltage is still good? Also, is a new belt required?

This isn't done for HP gains as there is no significant gain. This is mainly to reduce maximum RPM all while maintaining a sufficient idle voltage. I would have to get back to you if belt change is required.

-Mat

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Is it any lighter than stock?

I would believe it is considerably lighter being that the factory pulley is made from steel.

Nice part, guys. These are real popular with the GT500 guys as they do exactly as they're supposed to.

beef97

Established Member
This isn't done for HP gains as there is no significant gain. This is mainly to reduce maximum RPM all while maintaining a sufficient idle voltage. I would have to get back to you if belt change is required.

-Mat

Yes please let us know as I am very interested. Has this part been tested on an actual car? I would think y'all would already know if a new belt is needed?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Are these cars known for overspinning the alternators even on stock crank pulleys? I have not seen any posts of people having issues with over spinning their alternators. For anyone running a larger crank pulley I can see the benefit...

noldevin

Established Member
Are these cars known for overspinning the alternators even on stock crank pulleys? I have not seen any posts of people having issues with over spinning their alternators. For anyone running a larger crank pulley I can see the benefit...

Boss manifold/cobra jet cars overspin them revving to 7500+
The Boss uses a different alternator with a slightly underdriven pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread