Underhood Pics - Wanting Suggestions

Tlayson23

Established Member
As some of you guys know i've done alot of work to my mach 1 since i got it 2 months ago. I've been trying to post my progress along the way; most of the work i've done is under the hood. At this point i'm itching for something to do to it; I'm almost done with all the things i originally planned on doing to it but i've realized it's a never-ending project. I'd really like some suggestions from you guys as to what else i should do to it... keep in mind i'm going for a very clean look, nothing flashy

Here's what it looked like when i bought the car:
mach1motor-1-1.jpg

Here's now, after alot of work (just put the new pulley cover on today). By the way ignore the intake, I'm ordering a new 4x9 air filter to replace the 4x12 that's on there now; when it gets here i'll be painting the white pvc that i'm using for the air tube either black or silver:
007-2.jpg

This one is after some very quick photo editing to see what it would look like with the pulley cover painted black... what do you guys think?
mymach1motorblackgaurd.jpg

Don't be afraid to leave suggestions, I may not take all of em but i wont hate on anyones opinion :beer:

blackgtcp

Established Member
Before I do my eaton swap Id really like to have most of the parts powdercoated black as well as the pulley gaurd if I can find one for a decent price. I think the eaton itself being powder coated black just doesnt look right. Unfortunatly it does not look liike the whipple. Maybe look into doing some new coil covers and/or aftermarket tanks

Tlayson23

Established Member
Congras looks really good very clean:thumbsup:

Thanks alot man

Before I do my eaton swap Id really like to have most of the parts powdercoated black as well as the pulley gaurd if I can find one for a decent price. I think the eaton itself being powder coated black just doesnt look right. Unfortunatly it does not look liike the whipple. Maybe look into doing some new coil covers and/or aftermarket tanks

Yea i actually bought the car with the motor swap already done, if i had done it there would have been some things done differently (powdercoated valve covers/ coil covers). I'm sending someone your way who just offered me a GREAT deal on a black powdercoated pulley cover, i would be all over it but unfortunately i just bought one; i told him to pm you about it.

I completely agree with you about the powdercoated eaton, i've seen a few that look good but very few. I just painted my coil covers before taking this pic, i dnt know what it is but they look weird in the picture maybe a reflection but i'll try to get a better picture of them soon. i also made a bracket to mount the shaker to the hood so that the eaton would still show i'll have to get a pic of it too

boostedvert

Established Member
you cant really powdercoat an eaton. you'll destroy the seals in there. i had to get mine painted so it wouldnt get ruined in the furnace after they powerdercoat it

2010050595075704.jpg

Last edited:

Tlayson23

Established Member
you cant really powdercoat an eaton. you'll destroy the seals in there. i had to get mine painted so it wouldnt get ruined in the furnace after they powerdercoat it

2010050595075704.jpg

this is one of the few eatons ive seen that looks really good painted. Did you paint it yourself? Either way it looks awesome i like the textured look alot

boostedvert

Established Member
this is one of the few eatons ive seen that looks really good painted. Did you paint it yourself? Either way it looks awesome i like the textured look alot

i had a guy who paints some of the concept cars from Ford paint it for me. my friends dad owns a concept car company so that really comes in handy. and thanks man!!

Last edited:

Ratchet

Established Member
I would say do this... and I was thinking blue lettering... but that would be lame on your car after looking again. Just like that=awesome..... and lose the pulley cover. And maybe get some Ford Racing or Powered by Ford coil covers. :beer:

Last edited:

Ratchet

Established Member
And maybe polish up those lines that come from the back drivers side out around the front of the drivers side Cam cover. I can't remember what they are called sorry...lol I did mine, thought it was just a nice little touche. Better looking than that orange brassy color.:rockon:

Tlayson23

Established Member
And maybe polish up those lines that come from the back drivers side out around the front of the drivers side Cam cover. I can't remember what they are called sorry...lol I did mine, thought it was just a nice little touche. Better looking than that orange brassy color.:rockon:

Painted a lot of stuff under hood and polished a lot of small things!
DSC03744.jpg

On those lines that you polished... should i just use sandpaper since its such a small part, or did you use a grinding wheel to sand it?

Users who are viewing this thread