Unhappy camper after tune...what can i do

ExTurbo

Established Member
So i ordered an intake/tuner combo which included the SCT x3 tuner and an airaid intake. First off the intake was engineered very well, looks and sounds great on the car. My issue comes in after i uploaded the new Tune from what i thought was a reputable company ( i wont share the name as it doesnt really matter, from what i understand after doing some reading and talking to some people in the area, is that i never should have bought anything from them in the first place...)

Anyway long story short, i did and now im a little unhappy with the way the car is behaving. there seems to be a "dead spot" in the throttle now, which is driving me crazy. Also when i blip the throttle for a downshift it doesnt seem to be as responsive. I'm thinking someone messed with the throttle mapping and screwed something up along the way. I could be wrong, maybe its just a characteristic of the intake, but ive been around the block a few times and have a feeling its the tune.

What are my options here? can i take the SCT tuner to someone who knows what they are doing or do i have to purchase a new tuner. I dont know mustangs i come from the HP tuners world of LS engines...are these SCT tuners locked or can a new program be overwritten? do i need to buy a new SCT tuner?

Thanks in advance

125oh

Established Member
You will re use the tuner . Just purchase a tune from a better tuner (aed) and it will be sent to you in an email . Then load the tune from the computer to the tuner , then to the car . I'm 90 percent sure this problem is in the tune as I've been down this road . Sounds like the same company .

ExTurbo

Established Member
Thanks that helps ease the pain, sad to hear im not the only one that fell for the hype i guess. Good to know i can just get a better tune.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Why not talk to original tuner and see if you can work out the dead spot. Sure its just a maf transfer function issue, simple fix. Maybe they'll need you to log a few things and send to them. I would exhaust all I can out of the original tuner as you already paid once. I've had dead spot (ie: lean) before with a mail order tune and they were cleaned up after an update.

ExTurbo

Established Member
ive never delt with this kind of tuner before, all my cars have always been tuned on a dyno on in person so its all new to me. I suppose i can contact them but after what ive heard id almost rather not even bother. ive been watching the air/fuel and it stays pretty consistant, and its only at partial throttle where i notice it. I just want my stock drivability back and have it be go fast when i press the gas all the way down lol :burnout:

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Yea man, you have paid for the service; now get your money worth! Exhaust all your efforts personally and maybe bring it to the forums (if they are here) to add some extra squeeze. It really all depends on how much that ~200 bucks is worth to you.

Alex

Shaunk

Established Member
Working in this industry I say give them a call and let them have the chance to make it right. If no one ever calls and lets them know there is an issue they may never know. Hopefully they will stand behind it and make it right for you!

Reallyslow5oh

Established Member
Working in this industry I say give them a call and let them have the chance to make it right. If no one ever calls and lets them know there is an issue they may never know. Hopefully they will stand behind it and make it right for you!

I would have to agree on this. Plus get some backing from people who have experienced the same or similar problem you have and the tuner might be a little bit more helpful assuming they know what they are doing. Im quite curious to know the company but I respect your choice to not throw them out there.

Users who are viewing this thread