Universal suspension

badblackhemi

Established Member
Hey guys read through a couple suspension threads, but decided to start another one. I was wondering what the best suspension setup would be for a car seeing the road course and 1/4 mile? I'm sure it will have to be geared towards one more than the other, so I would just like to hear your opinions/experiences.
Thanks

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I would imagine coilovers would be the best of both. as long as they are ones you can control dampening, rebound, and ride height all as three separate variables.

badblackhemi

Established Member
Thanks, I was thinking it would be CO's. Is there a certain brand that you would suggest? Good suspension setups is something I'm not very familiar with. My dad and I had a friend that woud always adjust the suspension on our race cars. Guess I should've paid more attention...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
KWs seem to be popular with a few guys around here. I think the BC racing are pretty good as well.

A member on here by the name of turka also has the prototype kit for a company in which I can't remember at this moment. Might be worth a PM to him or maybe he will chime in.

pohnjarker

Established Member
i'll be going with Strange shocks/struts. they are more setup for the 1/4 mile but have 10 settings so if i want to try autocross, which i do, i'll change the settings and see what it'll do. it wont be near as good for autocross but i prefer the track anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread