unported eaton e85 dyno!

evolve

Established Member
Wow, amazing #s! I think we need to write congress and request more E85 stations! I also need to convert lol. I think when I go to Cali, I will make the change! I like the fuel cap too :)

BearsFTW18

Established Member
AWESOME!!

I have a question, I am clueless when it comes to e85. How much does this affect your gas mileage?

corysmach1

Established Member
How much timing were you running before e85? I am going e85 and am just curious how much power I will gain... As I am at only 17 degrees right now?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You can run whatever timing the car will take. Each car will be different. It will reach MBT.

mustang john

Established Member
So you gained 65+rwhp and 105+rwtq on an unported blower with only the addition of a #4 lower and E85 to your previous combo? Am i the only one that thinks that is completely unrealistic gains? I know E85 is a great fuel and makes more power than pump but an unported blower is a cork when it come to making horsepower.

500rwhp unported is pretty much a myth much less 525+, and those who have dynoed those numbers have never shown track numbers any better than the any other cobra with the same mods that dyno lower.

Just playing a little devils advocate here since nobody has blinked an eye at the gains.

Last edited:

r103

Established Member
04 Cobra with 2.76, JLT intake, Bassani X pipe, Magnaflow catback, BAP, SCT maf, SCT chip. 500.8 WHP on a 125 wet shot 612 whp......NO PORT!!!! When will people learn everycar is different. Also elevation can help Im at sea level.

mustang john

Established Member
04 Cobra with 2.76, JLT intake, Bassani X pipe, Magnaflow catback, BAP, SCT maf, SCT chip. 500.8 WHP on a 125 wet shot 612 whp......NO PORT!!!! When will people learn everycar is different. Also elevation can help Im at sea level.

Hate to say it but every dyno is different, mine only makes 480rwhp with my ported blower and i bet it will out run your 500rwhp unported car, im at sea level too...

lguizar12

Established Member
I'll post the dyno sheet if you want. I used the same tuner and dyno before the e85 and 4lbs and same one after. Plus I don't care about dyno numbers. I don't track my car but I ran a ported cobra and pulled him pretty good.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRV5cTxxSi4&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]03 Cobra Port vs 03 Cobra e85 - YouTube[/nomedia]
Sorry Ian....:/

mustang john

Established Member
Plus I don't care about dyno numbers. I don't track my car but I ran a ported cobra and pulled him pretty good.

03 Cobra Port vs 03 Cobra e85 - YouTube
Sorry Ian....:/

Thats what i like to hear, too many guys hang everything on a dyno number and they can be inaccurate so easily. Some guys will hate the world if their Cobra dynos low even thou it runs good and others will flaunt big numbers but dont run any faster than other cobras with the same mods.

You really should hit a track and see what it will lay down.

Last edited:

laruei

Established Member
I can back it up that this car is a beasty... I'm the one in the video.. One day I'll go e85 and put down 2.2 numbers.. :D

hurley383

Established Member
Hate to say it but every dyno is different, mine only makes 480rwhp with my ported blower....

You contradicted ur self there saying every dyno is different when u were calling the bs flag on the amount of power he gained on the same dyno? No matter how different every dyno is as long as u do a before and an after power gained is still power gained so he still did pick up 60hp or whatever his numbers are. No questions about that.

Users who are viewing this thread