Unported Eaton with Nitrous

B_Pay

Established Member
What's the most nitrous you'd be willing to run on a stock block, 2.76 unported eaton? After doing some research on my own I'm seein 75hp shots as the most popular...:shrug:

Also, what's the advantage of porting the blower specifically when running nitrous. I know a port reduces temps and allows more boost. Can't you just compensate by adding more nitrous if you're unported?

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
How much I think depends on a lot of things.. Wet or dry, fuel pump booster, timing, your a/f ratio.
I have a 03 with the n2o small solenoids (super powershot size). I have used 38f / 67n jets. I am running a 2.9 upper only, timing at 18 deg., a/f at around 11.3 to 11.5 at 950psi, the boost a pump at 17v, a xor catback and 9" k&n. Plugs I use tr7ix gapped at .032 ( that's where spark blowout disappeared). My normal a/f is 11.8 and normal timing is 24 deg with our 93 mobil or 93 bp gas.

I started at 75 26f / 40n all same as normal except 21 deg.. At 125 34f / 54n I put on the boost a pump and turned down timing to 19 deg all with the tr7ix gapped .036 at 75 jets and .034 w 125 jets. I might mention fuel accumulator w 125 and 150's. These plugs seem to fire pretty good and are cold had them in over a yr. A reg tr7 you need to close the gap another .02 or so. Now I have a bottle heater and to lean the a.f and up power bump up the pressure another 100 psi. Zex nozzle

I got about 8 mph more at the track 2 runs I've ran it there almost 128 w 85 deg temps. Probably 20 something 10# bottles through the car. That is what I have done. If you have a flasher great, if not probably stay at 75 jets. I have a rpm window switch also, on street I set it at 4k on (get a launch), cutoff at 6.2k shift 6k or so. I was real conservative, monitored plugs, a/f, fuel pressure, put in street blaze 103 ul till everything looked ok.

This might be long but a wasted engine is bad...and no I baby the car still on stock clutch, no powershifts, besides who wants to do a sideways thing at 70mph? That's with the m/t drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread