Unsolicited e-mails & private messages

montanagrog

Established Member
I am starting to recieve e-mails and private messages of parts for sell thru this site. Is this happening to others? While I like the features of email & private messages the site has to offer, why can't posters just use 'The Market' forum and be done with it? Sorry for the rant, but between the posts in the individual forums having to sort thru and now on my e-mail and private messages!! :burn:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You don't have to have your email visible to other members, take a look at your control panel options.

As far as PM's, it is sometimes an easier way than posting to your thread, if its way down the list.

montanagrog

Established Member
Maybe reread what I posted, 'unsolicited' from people trying to sell parts. I don't have a 'long' post on anything for sale or posted to anything for sale. Yes I can remove my e-mail & messaging from being visible but then what good are the features?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Sorry, totally misunderstood, ok, makes sense now, but no I haven't been getting any of these. First I've heard of it.

montanagrog

Established Member
No problem, mblgjr. :beer:

jimmysidecarr, I was going to just send it to LL, to add to his 'spam' thread, but I figured to see if others are getting hit too, or am I getting on somebody's list. (I'm never on the good list!) Second time here it's happened. I just deleted the PM, before decieding to post, but still have the e-mail, same wheels for sale, different name, but exactly same wording. Just cut & paste.

Users who are viewing this thread