Unusual Vibration (not the normal one)

OnceBitten

Established Member
Since I had my 275/40 Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials installed, I have a horrible vibration from about 60mph up, peaking at around 80-85mph. The unusual thing about this vibration, is that it feels like it's coming from the front. The steering wheel shakes badly and you can even watch the antenna bouncing about 10x worse than normal. Slow down to under 60 and it goes away.

I've had the stock F1's double checked and the balance (inside only) on them is perfect. I suspect the drag radials have slipped on the rim, especially since I only run 20lbs in them. This however, doesn't explain the steering wheel vibe. The whole car seems to be shaking, but I didn't have any vibes even as high as 155mph previously. Any ideas???

Zman04

Established Member
OnceBitten said:
Since I had my 275/40 Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials installed, I have a horrible vibration from about 60mph up, peaking at around 80-85mph. The unusual thing about this vibration, is that it feels like it's coming from the front. The steering wheel shakes badly and you can even watch the antenna bouncing about 10x worse than normal. Slow down to under 60 and it goes away.

I've had the stock F1's double checked and the balance (inside only) on them is perfect. I suspect the drag radials have slipped on the rim, especially since I only run 20lbs in them. This however, doesn't explain the steering wheel vibe. The whole car seems to be shaking, but I didn't have any vibes even as high as 155mph previously. Any ideas???
I am having the exact same problem! Did you ever find a solution. I know my MT dr have slipped on the rim alot. I guess I should check the balance?

Users who are viewing this thread