UPDATE: Got my car back...finally!

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Just an update for those of you that were following the incident that happened with my car. The search feature is down so I can't link you.

Well it's been about 3 months since the motor blew up and I finally have it back. She's looking pretty and running great. I can't wait til she's broken in so I can get on it again =}

Meanwhile, I'll be needing new tires and more mods!

It has upgraded pistons now and stronger bolts and better gaskets, so I will try to run a lot more boost and even thrown some nitrous on!

Good times to come.

Thanks for everyone that was following the progress. I didn't have to pay a dime, except for the Spec 3 clutch! =D

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
good to see it all worked out for you.....I know it had to cause you alot of stress the last 3 months.......

donpablo

Established Member
Congrats, glad things worked out for ya. Was thinking about your situation the other day and was wondering what was going on. Plan on attending any NVMC events? I probably won't be able to do anything until the FFW in Richmond. Will probably go to that.

DP

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
You're the fella that had a problem with a shop not putting coolant in the car or something with the intercooler, aren't you?

At any rate, congrats on getting you car back :)

skorost

Established Member
Congrats Bro... I guess I'll see ya around the neighborhood now ... heheh what chip are you using now ? I'm getting my delta upgraded to a revolution this Thursday if ya feel like cruising up to Amazon... call me.

trey193

Established Member
How did U get everything paid for? Didnt you have a chip??? How did you go about getting everything paid for I would like to know incase I am ever in your boat? My good friends car has a horrible tick/slap sound and it previosly had a Diablo, 2.75 pulley, UPR CAI, and offroad X and Flows. Everything was stripped off except the exhaust. The field engineers came and looked at the car and immediately knew the car had a chip in it and voided the warranty. Anyway around things like this?? I dont want to be in that same position??

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Yup, I'll definitely be around now.

Nate, the chip is the Diablo one that Excessive did. I don’t think I need to spend the money and switch. It’s fine the way it is.

As for the situations, it wasn't Ford or my insurance that covered the motor. What had happened was the shop was negligent and THEIR insurance paid to replace/repair it.

So basically there was no real issues to deal with. They were liable for not filling the coolant properly so it over heated and seized.

And as for the clutch, it's not real stiff but it's finiky when it grabs. It kinds jolts the car and it's weird trying to roll at low RPMs. It does chatter a little, but nothing I can't deal with.

skorost

Established Member
Originally posted by Z20WHAT
Nate, the chip is the Diablo one that Excessive did. I don’t think I need to spend the money and switch. It’s fine the way it is.

Actually, all I meant was coming along for the cruise... two Cobra's on a sunny day drive through Maryland... :D

Mine's Diablo too... but requires custom tuning. There aren't generic tunes for my setup. I'm getting the fuel curves enriched at higher RPMs this week because the 92mm MAF and 12 inch cone combo are sucking up too much air at 18+ boost with 21 degrees.

I'll be out and about locally today... see ya around maybe.

Z20WHAT

Established Member
Originally posted by skorost
Actually, all I meant was coming along for the cruise... two Cobra's on a sunny day drive through Maryland... :D

Mine's Diablo too... but requires custom tuning. There aren't generic tunes for my setup. I'm getting the fuel curves enriched at higher RPMs this week because the 92mm MAF and 12 inch cone combo are sucking up too much air at 18+ boost with 21 degrees.

I'll be out and about locally today... see ya around maybe.

Well hey man, I'd love to cruise. We always have good times. Let me know when you're heading up there. Are you dragging this Saturday?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
If you NVA guys aren't doing anything on Saturday at 4:00, why don't you pop over to Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg to hang with some other SVTer's?

Users who are viewing this thread