Update: High pressure fitting blew, no P/S, no Brakes.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
The P/S line in my cobra separate after 5 days on the road, and today I find out that the part needed to fix it is backordered in the US, so it isn't even available in Canada. The damn thing blew at the fitting and took out not only the power steering system, but also the brakes. I'm scared to imagine what would have happened if this had happened on the highway.

Has this happened to anybody else, or am I just lucky like that.
I'd also just like to say that Taurus's suck. :(

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
LOL, I guess from the amazing response this must be an isolated incident then. :)

The guys at the dealership are stripping another new 04 cobra to rebuild mine, so it should be back this week, I hope.....

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Originally posted by 04-MystiChrome
Someone else just had the PS line go on an 04
and it made a mess-Recent thread on this board.
Hmmm-maybe a problem for 04's???

Could be, the search is still down so I can't find that thread.

Apparently the fitting connecting the metal line to the rubber line blew, but I couldn't even see a fitting on the end of the rubber line and there was nothing on the ground under the car after it was towed. I had a high pressure hydraulic fitting blow on one of my inspection trucks last summer and in that case the fitting actually split, but did not separate from the line, so this situation with the cobra is raising some questions for me regarding their design and assembly.

<--- engineer :loser:

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Went through every post for the last month and can't find the other instance of this happening. I know that the Escape's have an issue with their power steering line's popping off in cold weather, but I hope the 04 cobra's don't turn up with similar problems.

04-MystiChrome

One Fast Grand-PaPi
Established Member
Originally posted by bunny_power
Went through every post for the last month and can't find the other instance of this happening. I know that the Escape's have an issue with their power steering line's popping off in cold weather, but I hope the 04 cobra's don't turn up with similar problems.

Sorry-It was "Your" original thread that I saw & remembered
that you recently posted sometime back. Don't know of any
other instances of line failure although some have had a power steering problem in the past but it wasn't a line break.

bunny_power

Snugs has da powah!
Established Member
Originally posted by 04-MystiChrome
Sorry-It was "Your" original thread that I saw & remembered
that you recently posted sometime back. Don't know of any
other instances of line failure although some have had a power steering problem in the past but it wasn't a line break.

D'oh. Hey at least it appears to be an isolated freak incident. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread