Update on my GT500 2008 TVS Upgrade.

cgaulzetti

Established Member
the wait is killing me on my car! turned out i had a bad intercooler hose that must have happened recently- makes sense that the car wax feeling not itself for the last week or so.... and when the guys at JBA went to install the TVS supercharger on my '08 along with my JLT CAI etc they said we needed a new mass air meter to keep the thing from pegging so i had to order an SCT BA5000 Big air MAF meter...... now hopefully they got the dyno tune done today so i can pick it up tomorrow- but if not i guess it will be ready tuesday.

i decided to go with the NT05R tires in the stock size this time around- based on the shops recommendation and what all of you guys said. i like the idea in theory of the bigger MTs- but the handling on the highway and cornering performance of the NT05Rs makes sense i guess!

i'm thinking now of doing a methanol system to keep things cooler. i won't tune for it but it could be kind of neat-o and it will protect things especially if i'm going to be ****ing with this car in the desert as i plan too.

i'm also going to do a rear seat delete- probably do a rear cage, some new seats (these stock ones are not all that comfy and not very supportive) and would love some advice on what you guys like for a fixed back racing seat for a tall skinny person- that'll work with harnesses and a helmet for track days although the car is always going to be a daily driver even if it is going to be more and more a race car for the road each time i throw money at it. how do i deal with the airbag lights if i swap the seats? is there a good steering wheel that will allow me to keep my airbags?

as i probably mentioned- i'm gutting the stereo and all the dumb heavy amps and speakers the previous owner put in the thing. i just want a simple radio maybe. i might just use my phone and a speaker with a suction cup to the glove box.... the stupid things rattle anway and the cables jingle all the time. it's a mess and it's super annoying.

another question- i think the thing has some kind of ford short shift kit and the shifter really vibrates bad in fourth. thoughts? should i just replace it with a MGW or a Hurst or something? i really want a racey looking trans-am car looking set up and I like the way the hurst looked and felt on my bullitt.

i'm well on my way to having the proverbial $75,000 $15,000 car and I'm psyched. what would you guys do next if your goal was the most bad ass canyon carver race car for the road? i'm already waiting for some 18" custom wheels that will get super wide hoosiers for the road courses and something almost as absurd for just driving around.

thoughts hive mind?

Users who are viewing this thread