Update on my lemon

rskdsk

Established Member
As you all know, I am pretty vocal about my problems. I have every problem imaginable ... or at least I thought! My dealership call me yesterday to tell me that my rear bumper fell off!!!! Has anyone ever heard of that!? How the hell does a rear bumper just fall off? I'll tell you ... I am missing 4 out of the 6 brackets that were suppost to hold it on (missing right from the factory). It is obvious that they were never put on. I am sure glad this happened at the dealership, because I am sure no-one would have ever believed me.
Here are the dealership to home stats.

I have owned my car for 146 days, it has been in the shop 67 of those days. For a grand total of 46% of the time. AND I still have the vib, and stalling, along with the crappy paint job.

OK I am done trashing, I still love the power .. I would like just a bit more quality to go with that power. and yes, I have the situation under control.

Tin Knocker

Established Member
You're right, no one would believe the bumper just fell off. Especially the dealer. Lucky it happened there, if you want to call that luck.:dw: Hopefully everything will get fixed. Hang in there.

super sonic

Established Member
Mine has been in the shop for 32 days and it is not a year old yet...lemon law arbitration hearing is in two weeks.

rskdsk

Established Member
With so many people lemoning thier cobras .(I know at least 4 people) you would think that Ford may get the hint.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Currently driving a new redfire vert to see if I like it. If so ford will swap cars.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
rskdsk,

I think that would be the straw that broke the lemon's back for me. If they didn't get the bumper on correctly, what does that mean for essential safety parts. They should be giving you MSRP on a new car of your choice (an '04 mystichrome would be cool), in my biased and unlikely to be supported by Ford opinion.

I checked, it wasn't even born on a Friday, the 4th was a Tuesday...

Users who are viewing this thread