Update on the KB powered GT

03trubluGT

Established Member
I know I'm not gonna impress anyone on this board, but it's been a while and I said I'd post the results.

The preliminary results are in on the 9# KB kit. I have BBK LTs, BBK OffroadX, and Magnaflow CB with the kit. The entire factory intake is stock from the snorkle to the 75mm Accufab TB.

I put down 370 RWHP (SAE) and 403 RWTQ.

I guess I need the brake upgrade now!

Matt

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Hey those #'s are good 2 me. I like'em. I especially like GT's getting supercharged or nitrous on their cars. There isn't much respect for the GT's out there...but us few really show them that GT's aren't crap. They may not be 03 cobra's..but hey we don't have that much money like SOME people. So Congrats on the #'s...:thumbsup: :beer:

Can I make a suggestion...get a better plenum to go along with the throttle body. You will see some power gains! Also do you have a chip?? I have to say go with Diablo..I gained 70 rwhp with just the chip and the tune....the vortech chip was :xpl: ...get the chip and the plenum and u'll easily have urself an 11 second car! :beer:

03trubluGT

Established Member
Originally posted by SQ Stang
Can I make a suggestion...get a better plenum to go along with the throttle body. You will see some power gains! Also do you have a chip?? I have to say go with Diablo..I gained 70 rwhp with just the chip and the tune....the vortech chip was :xpl: ...get the chip and the plenum and u'll easily have urself an 11 second car! :beer:

You don't have a plenum with the KB kit. I used to have the Accufab plenum to go with the TB, but since I didn't need it anymore, I sold it.

Before I try for the low 12s or better, I'm gonna save up for the 31 spline axles, Eaton diff, and maybe go to 3.55s.

Matt

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
My brother did the 9# KB intercooled kit. We put it in ourselfs.
We put it up on the dyno in May here are the conditions:

It was 92 degrees outside VERY humid(dont know percent)
And he still put down 395rwhp and 425rwtq!! Very stong car!!!

Users who are viewing this thread