Update

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
I posted about a week ago about how I went to change my spark plugs and couldn't get one out. I had Ford do the last spark plug change and they never told me that there was a problem with the head. Well, I went and talked to them today after they had a chance to look at my truck and they said that it was not their fault and they are not going to fix it. They are saying that when I first brought the truck in for a spark plug change, it had aftermarket plugs in it and they were all loose (I bought the truck used and this was a problem caused by the guy before me). Anyways, Ford is saying that it's my problem. Here is my problem.

1) If they took my old plugs out and put new ones in and now their plugs won't come out, how is that my problem?
2) They wrote on the invoice from the first plug change that the plugs were loose and they "luckily" got the new ones tightened down. This to me doesn't mean head damage. That might be what them meant, but I am still learning more about vehicles everyday and I haven't read the chapter on other form of english yet.

So now what do I do? All of the plugs are in and tightened down but the next time I go to change the plugs, it is going to cost me about $3,000 to $5,000 to get it done. I am driving a time bomb that might last me a week or 2 years. Part of me wants to sell the truck but then there’s that whole moral thing. I don't have the money to get it fixed now and I don't have another mode of transportation I can sport WHEN the truck dies.

Whats a man to do?

PS. I am thinking of following this up with a letter to Ford Motor Company because I am not happy with the answer but I am not sure if I have a leg to stand on. Also, the lady who is the customer service rep. at the dealership I went to actually rolled her eyes at me while I was telling her that I didn't understand why this was my problem. That f*uckin pissed me off.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
What are 'Aftermarket' spark plugs? Were they the same equivalent to the OEM? personally I would be hard core with this one as they did the previous plug change and the 'loose plug' is something that can plug all os late 02> guys. Personally I'd go staight to the Service Manager, and then to his boss and bitch bitch bitch.

With that said, if that doesn't work, get that plug 'certed' and you should be fine. Just be sure to keep and eye and ear on your plugs.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Thank me later =0)

This my friend is your easiest, cost effective fix. Talk to a few others to double check but from everything I've been told this will work perfectly fine, don't even need to pull the heads as far as I know. $40 to fix the 1 plug that's messed up, or I guess you could do them all. The Crown VIC guys nearly by stock in these and Ford now even has a part number for the coil kit.
Sav-A-thread

I thought it was just one plug? Now they are all trashed?

Last edited:

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
im going though some shit with ford now about plugs. when my head was replaced last year due to a plug shooting out they "replaced all 8 plugs" i pulled the back 2 on the drivers side....uh uh theres no way these were a year old...so im working on getting new coil packs from them too since 3 of them are kinda shitty...but i already changed the plugs to some denso it22's and i told the dealership to **** off and that i was going to bitch and bitch until i get what i want...and they said to bring it in an they will fix it and i just told them that i already fixed it and that they were worthless...i also wrote a letter to Ford Motor Company, SVT, and the Dealership itself...hopefully ill hear back from them soon...good luck...my advice is to bitch

boostdacr

Removed by Admin.
Established Member
TucsonPred said:
This my friend is your easiest, cost effective fix. Talk to a few others to double check but from everything I've been told this will work perfectly fine, don't even need to pull the heads as far as I know. $40 to fix the 1 plug that's messed up, or I guess you could do them all. The Crown VIC guys nearly by stock in these and Ford now even has a part number for the coil kit.
Sav-A-thread

I thought it was just one plug? Now they are all trashed?
i think ryan had his helicoiled....but i made sure when mine shot out that a new head was put on...and it was....i dont like the idea of helicoiled plugs, but thats just me

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Vs the cost of new heads? I'll take Helicoils for $200 Alex.
Just me though, not sure how well they hold up on forced induction.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I never blew a plug on mine, thought I did.

But the it is more cost effective to have a cert inserted than to have a whole new head, especially for just one plug. As stated previously, there is a SPECIFIC kit out there for the Ford 5.4

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
should have told them nothing and just took it in for a plug change and see what happened, they funked them up in the first place
sorry man but you boned yourself on this one by telling them you knew it was funked up

Users who are viewing this thread