Updated Info on my New L !

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
I just had this reply pop up on my pics thread in pics and video section .. I have the build number and it matches so im pretty sure he's on point with the thing ...:

haha this was my truck 2 years ago!!!! I drove it from 20K miles up to 53K then sold it. Was the wrost mistake I ever made!!!! You have got the mods wrong though. There is a some goodies you might not know you have. It looks like the guy who owned it after me changed a few things.

It was bone stock when I got it and I put the following:

Stage 2 Patriot heads with stage 2 comp cams
Ported supercharger. Ported lower intake. Ported intercooler.
Moroso Trans Pan
FTVB
4# Lower
AirRaid CAI
C&L Pipe
Autometer Boost and Fuel Pressure Gauge
Bassani high flow mid with MAC catback
SCT 2400 MAF
Flexalite dual electric fans
Silvaynia xenarc HID headlights with clear corners
Billet Grille

Thats what I did to it. I did the painting and polishing of things in there. Looks like he didnt take great care of it. And he changed a few things around. Like the fogs for example and the clear tails. The exhaust is hanging out more than when I had it. That used to be my pride and joy :( . At 53K miles it didnt have ONE scratch.

I'm really glad I've joined the forums now, so hopefully I'll have some new info on the truck over the next couple of days ....

I'm really wanting to get down to georgia to get this thing retuned and a few things updated ... one thing that concerned me is that the MAF part number that i have now matches as a FORD OEM 90mm not the SCT 2400 he says thats on there .. is that of major concern right now .. any feedback suggestions are welcome !

FordFanStan

Established Member
Yes you can search slider, i'm pretty sure he traded it for a Cobra and came back in and told us later down the road he was still happy with his trade, but I can't be sure.

Yes you need to make sure it is a SCT 2400 Maf first of all for the mods. You need to find out who tuned it and if it was tuned since the OEM maf was put back on, or just get a 2400 again or an updated 2600 and get retuned. That is really neat he saw your post and let you know, very stand up of him and very cool for you... Stan

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
Yeah, he said he has since gotten rid of the cobra and now has an 07 Silverado Z71 or something, but I'm sure its not an SCT MAF and I have no Clue if its been tuned since him, apparently the guy who bought it from him ( the owner between us ) Didn't take great care of the truck as it has a few scratches dings and what not on it as well as the OEM fogs are missing ... I am heading down asap to grab a new tune from Aric @ Injected Engineering in GA ... Hopefully the truck will be safe until then !

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
I remember him saying that he was happy with the trade, but then a little while later he said he wished that he waited until the L was paid off, then bought the cobra. haha

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
Yeah, he said he got rid of it, got the cobra, and now has a new silverado z71 .. He just said he wished he'd of never gotten rid of it in the first place .. I don't blame him .. these trucks are addictive !!!

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Here she comes to wreck the DAAAAAAAAYYYYYY (liar liar reference everyone)

Yes I got rid of it for the Cobra and liked the switch for a little while. But I cant tell you guys how much I miss this truck.

When I had the truck it was tuned with an SCT 2400 MAF. I heard the guy took that off and tried to tune it and screwed up a few things. One of my friends knew him and said he didnt really care about the truck and ran it around with no tune/ crappy tune for a while. That guy changed a few things around. But I can ASSURE you it was well taken care of by me.

Yes I have a 2007 new body style silverado crew cab Z71. Had to get something that could fit some people. Getting married soon so I needed the room. But I already told her that I will be getting another one one day!

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
And there was not ONE scratch on that entire truck when I had it. It was my pride and joy. I have pictures to prove that.

jec1521

Jay
Established Member
Shouldve gotten an HD.

Anyways, the OP is lucky. I wish i knew who the original owner of mine was.

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Shouldve gotten an HD.

Anyways, the OP is lucky. I wish i knew who the original owner of mine was.

Sorry but the HD comes now where close in the build quality of the new Z71. I bleed blue blood but I know better quality when I see it. And I like knowing that my spark plugs arent going to shoot out of the hood anytime soon.

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
When I had the truck it was tuned with an SCT 2400 MAF. I heard the guy took that off and tried to tune it and screwed up a few things. One of my friends knew him and said he didnt really care about the truck and ran it around with no tune/ crappy tune for a while. That guy changed a few things around. But I can ASSURE you it was well taken care of by me.

Well good thing I haven't romped on it ... I'm ordering a new SCT 2600 MAF and twin 255 fuel pump set up and taking it to get tuned down in Georgia at Injected Engineering by Aric .. Only b/c my buddy's 03 Whippled Cobra was built by them and have heard nothing but good things comming from them ... The truck runs fines, but I'm hoping to get this thing dialed back in and running like a champ.

I am going to being having a few small dings removed and the front and rear bumper touched up where its scraped on curbs and has been used as a step it looks like. I am dropping it, throwing some traction bars on it, and a set wheels ( more than likely the 20" chrome svt's - ) And having the stockers powdercoated black and and throwing some dr's on them for the track ... Other than some window tint and a few interior touch ups I think thats it for this summer's mods. As far as performance is concerned, I'm really happy with the truck and for a daily driver, don't think it needs anymore power, just more refined performance from what it has !

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
Very cool and very lucky he sent you a message.

That could of been real bad taking a SCT Big air off and replacing it to OEM without a tune.....

Do you have any ability to datalog? Watch for the MAF volts hitting 5V. If it hits that, your toast.....

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
Very cool and very lucky he sent you a message.

That could of been real bad taking a SCT Big air off and replacing it to OEM without a tune.....

Do you have any ability to datalog? Watch for the MAF volts hitting 5V. If it hits that, your toast.....

I have no tuning software at all for the L .. I don't know if there is a tune or chip on it .. I do know that i'm ordering the maf and fuel pumps today
i've been staying out of boost and I will hopefully be able to make it to the tuner before anything happens ...

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
If I were you I would talk to the people who are going to tune your truck and see what they use sct or Diablo. Get a handheld programmer of that kind, You can data log with either one.

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
Aric used SCT and Diablo .. but he is well known for his working with SCT in developing their software .. so he knows what he's doing ...

I'll be using SCT and he'll be using whatever it is that allows me to tune on the fly by just the flip of a switch .. I'll have a few tunes so i'll be able to move from street to strip with no problem ...

Users who are viewing this thread