Updates to track

mrpork

Established Member
Looking to try some auto cross/track this summer. what should be changed on the car. It is totally stock right now. heard our breaks weren't all the good?

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
All you need is fresh fluid. The Motul 600 is a great fluid and affordable. Have fun and enjoy your car.

Confirm safety requirements such as helmet and whether they will have loaners, long pants, long sleeve, etc.

Tom

mrpork

Established Member
All you need is fresh fluid. The Motul 600 is a great fluid and affordable. Have fun and enjoy your car.

Confirm safety requirements such as helmet and whether they will have loaners, long pants, long sleeve, etc.

Tom

yeas I'm probably going to purchase an open face helmet. any suggestions as to the best place?

jtfx6552

Established Member
I'd recommend a full face, your signature doesn't say where you are, but they are required in NJ.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
yeas I'm probably going to purchase an open face helmet. any suggestions as to the best place?

If you are spending the money, just get full face. Minimal cost and much more protection. Think of it this way. If you REALLY will need a helmet and upside down, wouldn't you rather have a full face? Make sure you get one with the newer date. It needs to be SA rated, not M rated (motorcycyle). If this is your first event, see if they have a loaner. That saves you money if you don't care to go again.

Tom

railroad

Established Member
I'd recommend a full face, your signature doesn't say where you are, but they are required in NJ.

+1
Also there are different ratings, motorcycle, auto, etc. Some tracks will not accept just any rating. It has been so long since I bought my open face, wished I had bought full face and cannot remember the ratings.

Users who are viewing this thread