Upgrade for my power surge valve

JGIPSON

Established Member
Race Valve

A Procharger Race Valve Will Be A Awesome Upgrade. They Are A Little Louder But They Have A 2" Opening Instead Of The 1 1/4" So They Work So Much Better. I Have One If You Are Interested Contact John At 913/522/2479

TheSVTKid

Established Member
Unless you are making 600HP

upgrading to a race valve is NOT a good idea.
The delay time it takes to close the valve and other factors can lead to drivablity issues.

If your at a point where the standard valve isn't enough, but your not ready for the race valve. I try to get people to run twin standard valves.

They open and close much quicker, and they are a LOT cheaper then the race valve.

Just PM me if you have any questions, and I will gladly answer them.
EA

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I cant remember who said it but it was something like over 15psi you should switch to a race valve.. Something like the procharger big red race valve... But they are kinda pricey

TheSVTKid

Established Member
I cant remember who said it but it was something like over 15psi you should switch to a race valve.. Something like the procharger big red race valve... But they are kinda pricey

Boost doesn't matter..... the way all those valves work, is the more boost you make, the harder it stays closed.

It's all about CFM, (aka HP) they can only discharge so much CFM. Thats why you have to upgrade to bigger valves as the CFM goes up.

But if you have to big of a valve, and not enough CFM, the valve can be lazy, and cause issues at tip in, and on gear changes.

EA

Users who are viewing this thread