Upgraded supercharger question.

Raz

Established Member
My car is in storage right now, until April. I am planning on purchasing a whipple supercharger at some point. Can you guys tell me EXACTLY what supporting mods I need to purchase with the new supercharger to make everything work right and especially SAFE. Also, I live in central PA. Where would I have to take the car to get it tuned and/or have the new parts installed. I don't know too much about this stuff, so with your endless knowledge, could you help me out and give me some ideas? Thanks guys.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Sucks When No One Answers,
Depends On Boost Level,
And Power You Want
First Contact Some Local Speed Shops And Ask Questions And Get A Feel For Them, Pick One You Like And Have Them Hook You Up.

mrose75

Established Member
Man, there should be plenty of people on here that can answer that. I can't. I can guess. But you wouldn't want that.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
See my sig.
60lb injectors
BAP
Bigger HE
Bigger MAF
I would get an after market intake if you don't have one all ready
Try Kauffmans out...they just changed names though.
You will eventually need a stronger clutch too.
Also check out the MACA part of this site and join if you haven't all ready. I learned a lot from those guys.

PS You will also need a tuning device. Buy it when you decide on a tuner. Some use Diablo, it seems like most use SCt now. Any other questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

jboss11

Established Member
I did the new style Whipple and installed these items: s/b throttle body, 60lb injectors, new MAF atleast a SCT2400 or you can go SCT2800, CAI, modded FPDM and I personly went with 2 modded FPDM's, GT dual fuel pumps and a tune. If your clutch is stock...you will have to replace it soon with that much power. I have more mods, but they are not a neccesary.

Users who are viewing this thread