Upgraded to a new DD

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
Three months ago i bought an 06 wrx. Nice car and all but after getting used to the benefits of the awd the rex wasn't cutting it soooooo

Out with old
P1010671.jpg

In with the new :banana:
P1020082.jpg

P1020083.jpg

P1020090.gif

P1020092.jpg

Totally love this car. Bought it 7 days ago and have 400 miles on her now. i know theres allot of 08 haters but in person the car is sick. Rides amazing as well. This weekends plan is to tint the windows & tail lights, de-badge, and after 1k stage 1 re-flash good for about a 20% hp boost. More then enough to rip up the back roads lol. Today was the fist day of no rain so shes very dirty.

Let the haters / flaming begin.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
if this is your dd, whats your other car?

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
wait so why did you switch?

Honestly for 2 reasons. One the old one was too small. I needed the extra room and with the back seats down you can fit like a 50" tv in the back. And also with the STi theres more potential for auto cross and and its built stronger. I blew the tranny in the wrx just with bolt ons and a tune. Very weak tranny. The STi is pretty much bullet proof.

I like the old one better.

Meh if you saw the new one in person you might change your mind. Pictures don't really show the car off well.

if this is your dd, whats your other car?

I sold my 03 cobra to another member on this forum a few months ago (car put down 640wrhp) to buy my house. I'm looking into building a notch over winter.

SVT2122

Established Member
Harriman state park??? Didn't really like the new ones when they came out but they're growing on me. Don't like any new cars until I see them on the street for a little while.

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
Harriman state park??? Didn't really like the new ones when they came out but they're growing on me. Don't like any new cars until I see them on the street for a little while.

Dammm how did you know that was the park!? Yup thats my daily commute to work, lol poor me. Yeah i didn't like them either but after seeing it in person it was a major change of mind.

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
i loved the older wagons but that is a very nice dd . congrats and enjoy, i bet that thing is fun in the twisties

Last edited:

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
saw one this afternoon at the gas station... same color and everything.Never thought I would say this :eek: but it actually looks pretty good in person. But i still like the old ones better.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
There is something about them that I like...different. It looks more fun than the new Evo. I was riding by one the other day and was not impressed.

Last edited:

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
There is something about them that I like...different. It looks more fun than the new Evo. I was riding by one the other day and was not impressed.

Yeah i hear ya. Its not the same old 4 door sedan style the old sti & evos are. There deff more useful thats for sure. For me i snowboard and its gonna be so easy to load up my gear and bags for a weekend trip to VT.

Fuxton

Established Member
damn ur just as bad as me with cars lol. I like this one a lot. I didnt like the new ones at first but now i think they look sick. My brother drives an 07. You probably see it. Its silverish with SC plates on it. lol

NETHNGBTSTK

Established Member
damn ur just as bad as me with cars lol. I like this one a lot. I didnt like the new ones at first but now i think they look sick. My brother drives an 07. You probably see it. Its silverish with SC plates on it. lol

Hahah hey dude! Yeah i know its bad. But the cobra was the worst. Thanks to you though i was able to buy my house and stop driving my nice cars back to my parents house lol. The funny thing is i have nothing in my house but couch's and a TV but i have a new car in the driveway lol. Oh well i figure i have the rest of my life to buy furniture.

Fuxton

Established Member
Hahah hey dude! Yeah i know its bad. But the cobra was the worst. Thanks to you though i was able to buy my house and stop driving my nice cars back to my parents house lol. The funny thing is i have nothing in my house but couch's and a TV but i have a new car in the driveway lol. Oh well i figure i have the rest of my life to buy furniture.

thats so true man. Im the same way. Luckily for me i own a furniture store lol.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
When I test drove the new STI and the New EVO X I was very dissappointed.

06 EVO IX and and 07 STI FTW!

Congrats on your purchase though.

Users who are viewing this thread