upgrading my Cobra pumps/adding FPDM

hollowdweller

Established Member
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and was advised to come here for the answers I need. Right now I have a 2.1 KB fully built, cammed, full exhaust, the works, puttin out 438rwhp and 428rwtq on 9lbs. I have recently switched to the 8 rib setup and am looking to get 14-15lbs outta it. Im sending the intake off to get ported and adding a water/meth kit. Future plans include TF heads and custom blower cams. I found a website that offers a second FPDM module and wiring upgrade for $70. My 1st questions is will the Cobra pumps and dual FPDM support 500-520 if I get lucky? If not which fuel pumps should I switch to that would be a direct swap? I've looked at going return style but I think it'd be cheaper to replace the pumps and add the FPDM. I think the 2.1 will max out before my fuel system, but dunno.

When I switched to the Cobra pumps I went ahead and did the PPRV delete. The problem now is I have to crank on the car for awhile in order to get it started. I was told the PPRV delete was allowing the fuel to leak back down into the fuel tank. Is there a way to fix this problem with tuning? Its imbarrasing having to crank it over a few times infront of a crowd to get it started. Thats for any help you can provide.

Last edited:

Ddaniels750

Established Member
I'm curious to see what kind of answers you get regarding the pprv delete. I have the same issue with mine but chalked it up to the tune.
On another note, I also have issues with running out of fuel and I was told by my tuner, John Lund, to just go with a return style system. Lethal Performance sells a "budget" system that he says is pretty damn good and has supported over 600hp. It's less than $1000 and you should have no issues with running out of fuel at that point.
I currently have a stroker with patriot heads and comp cams with a V2 putting out 7# and it starts running out of fuel at 5k rpm with a focus pump and BAP. And the car makes right under 500 HP. So I would just look into the budget return if I were you. Just my .02 :)

Stanger00

Established Member
You have another exact thread in the terminator section.

Use the BAP with the cobra pumps. That will support your goal.

The 2.1 KB probably will not come close to 600 with 15 psi.

Sell your cobra hat and pumps and get a return style fuel system. It's cheaper. Return less costs too much to build up. I know, I spent a lot of money for a 600-650 rwhp fuels system but I can't run a sump in CA.

froush

Established Member
Cobra hat is fine for that power. Get a bap and youll be fine. My buddy has dual svt pumps, pprv delete, modified fpdm, upgraded wires, bap and an -8an fuel line and is putting out 680 to the wheels and is only at 85% duty cycle. Same setup i plan on doing when i get my kb 2.6

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
As said get the bap it will more than support what your going for. When I had my 03 Cobra I made just under 600 on stock pumps with Bap and was only at 80% Duty cycle stock fuel lines.

I have a Fore hat twin gt pumps,bap,modified FPDM and 8-AN feed and I am at 730 rwhp at 75% duty cycle on my GT

hollowdweller

Established Member
You have another exact thread in the terminator section.

Use the BAP with the cobra pumps. That will support your goal.

The 2.1 KB probably will not come close to 600 with 15 psi.

Sell your cobra hat and pumps and get a return style fuel system. It's cheaper. Return less costs too much to build up. I know, I spent a lot of money for a 600-650 rwhp fuels system but I can't run a sump in CA.
Yeah I figured I might get more reply's from the Cobra guys upgrading their systems.

SCalla1384

Established Member
For the pprv, I turn the ignition on and off like 4 times real quick, last one I wait til I hear the fuel pump fully prime, then turn it over. With anything, somethings you need to do to make the car handle the power comes with some downsides. The pprv being one of them.

I believe if you do have the pprv on, youll get that annoying studder inbetween gears.

Users who are viewing this thread