Upgrading P1Sc to 90mm Mass air

snkbit99

Established Member
In the process of replacing my P1Sc plumbing I found out my mass air sensor was cracked. It was a 80mm Lightning. I got a 90mm Lightning for a lot cheaper than the 80mm. The dealer wanted almost $300 and a core. My problem is the size difference in the meter and my plumbing. The tubing is 3 inch and the sensor is 4 inch. I know I can get a silicone reducing coupling. But would that much of a change in pipe size screw up the mass air sensor readings? I was wondering if any one else has used a 90mm sensor and what they did.

Thanks
Ed:shrug:

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
You'll have to have it calibrated to your injector size. Good idea to get a tune afterwards.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
But would that much of a change in pipe size screw up the mass air sensor readings?

Thanks
Ed:shrug:

You also asked about the readings...if you're aware of needing a tune then why worry about the readings? :shrug:

snkbit99

Established Member
I was told by some one that going from the 4 inch out let back down to the 3 inch tubing was to much of a drop in sizing. He said that I should use 3.5 inch tubing. I was wonderin if that was true.

Thanks
Ed

Troyz R Us

Outlaw Division
Established Member
I use to have the same setup and had no problems, just get it tuned which you are already aware of.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
if its a draw thru maf setup you can use the same bracket that the vortech kits use to hold the maf in the fenderwell. superchargersonline.com sells it for like "20 bucks and is made for the 90mm lightning maf. If you have blow thru setup then i guess reducers is the only option

01yellercobra

Established Member
I bought the flange from VMP that mounts to the pipe itself. You can use the same size piping as the rest of the pipes. No transitions to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread