Upgrading ported TB's to SBTB on a 2.3 whipple car....need advice

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Right now im running the mods in my sig line and am using a steg ported factory throttle body with the whipple Twin Blade Throttle Body Elbow...I got a Billetflow SBTB and matching Whipple SBTB elbow and want to install them...am I going to need a new MAF sensor like the GT500 setup or is this pretty much a plug and play situation minus the tuning?

Thanks for any input. Oh...btw the reason I am doing this is currently with my setup im only getting about 16psi and dropping to about 14psi..."most people" are telling me the ported stocker just isn't breathing enough.

94slowbra1

Established Member
although its not ideal i dont think you t/b is holding you back that muck. im making 21lbs and 616 hp through a ported stocker. i will also be looking at upgrading as im sure it is a restriction for me at that boost level

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
although its not ideal i dont think you t/b is holding you back that muck. im making 21lbs and 616 hp through a ported stocker. i will also be looking at upgrading as im sure it is a restriction for me at that boost level

dang...yeah im around 530-540 at 16 or less....It could be wishful thinking on my part...is yours holding 21 or hitting it and falling back? Our mods aren't all that different unless you have engine work done. Also thanks Black93 for the TPS reminder.

Users who are viewing this thread