upgrading suspension tomorrow and have question about bump steer

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Well I am installing H&R spring, MM caster/camber plates, and Steeda Bumpsteer Kit tomorrow. I am not sure what shop I will take it to for the alignment yet and I don't think there is any shop around my area that will be able to bump steer it correctly. I don't have a bump steer gauge. Have any of you just installed the kit and eyeballed the angle of the tie rods compared to the LCA and not had any problems. I searched everywhere and saw some people built a home made gauge and some ordered the MM gauge, but I could not get an exact answer on if the bump steer gauge is a necessity or if eyeballing it will work.

These instructions make it seem easy and I am sure I am over thinking this, but I don't want to run into trouble tomorrow morning.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/steeda-bumpsteer-9404-install.pdf

any help is greatly appreciated.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
nope i bought regular nuts to tighten the bump steer kit down and just trailers mine to the shop for a bumpsteer/alignment. I could have just drove it since i bought nuts to tighten it but i did front/rear and a tune so i just trailered her down.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Thanks. I guess I will eyeball it and then I will need to find an alignment shop in waco that can adjust the bump steer. How much extra did your shop charge to adjust the bump steer?

jpk

Established Member
You are pretty close to Dallas, so I am sure that there is a shop that can do the alignment for you. Go over to the regional forums and ask there.

Users who are viewing this thread