Upper and Lower Control Arm Help

StrayBullitt

Established Member
So were they BBK control arms you took off ? That sounds like it could be cheap bushings or maybe abuse at the race track or any number or combination of other things, but either way that sounds like an anomaly. I wouldn't expect that to happen from daily driving and occasional track day, especially with BBK's.

jaxbusa

Established Member
So were they BBK control arms you took off ? That sounds like it could be cheap bushings or maybe abuse at the race track or any number or combination of other things, but either way that sounds like an anomaly. I wouldn't expect that to happen from daily driving and occasional track day, especially with BBK's.

I don't know what brand they were, and I don't know how to identify "cheap" bushings. The car only had exhaust, so I assume it had around the stock horsepower rating. I buy aftermarket parts so it can take abuse. Also, original poster stated he has over 400 hp. Maximum Motorsports sells different lower control arms with different bushing options and does not recommend urethane bushings if you are over 400 hp. I would follow their recommendation.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

SLOWSN95

The geometry of the upper control arms are so bad that when you go through a corner, the rearend wants to bind.. since they are what ultimately centers your rearend. Binding will cause your torque boxes to weaken over time, and possibly tear. Leave the stock uppers in and let the rear end do what it wants to do and you'll be fine. If I were you, I would get a MM Panhard and Torque arm. By doing that, you will completely eliminate the uppers, the stress and the binding while dramatically increasing your traction and predictability by 100000%. You will also need their full length subframe connectors if you go that route.. and trust me.. its worth every penny.

Cody4V

Established Member
From experience I changed all my suspension to UPR solid mount w hym joints and spherical bushing,eibach sportlines springs,Tokikos shocks,torque box reinforcements and 315/35/17 on the rear. Hands down the best thing I done for my gt. She drove around camero and vette in the corners. She could 60' damn near any car next to her-dead hook.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread