upper and lower control arms

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
Hey could somebody explain some of this to me please? I have ordered a Shaftmasters aluminum driveshaft and UPR adjustable upper and solid lower control arms package. My car has the Roush lowering springs that lowered the back 3/4" to 1". Do I need the upper control arm mount and the lower contol arm relocation brackets? I have looked at the upper mount and it appears pretty beefy. How do you know if you need the lower relocation brackets, is there a optimal angle that it should be at to achieve the best traction. thanks... :shrug:

beef97

Established Member
Was looking to go the same route with the Roush suspension package and aluminum driveshaft. I know if your DS has u-joints you'll need to verify your pinion angle is within specs since you lowered your car. Hopefully someone on here has done the same and can give you more advice since I will be doing the same! Good luck!

Cuco5.0

Established Member
Sub'd...i plan to go this route as well. But i plan to go much lower than an inch in the rear.

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
I emailed UPR and asked them, hopefully they'll get back with me on Monday. I'll probably get the relocation brackets, I'd just like to know if there's a good rule of thumb. The only thing I have found talked about the lower control arms being level. Maybe its the adjustability feature; rwhp, what tire you're running, amount car is lowered and track...

s174

trooper speed
Established Member
UPR emailed me back and stated that they no longer sell the lower control arm relocation brackets, their research found no advantage to them at the track.

Users who are viewing this thread