Upper Control Arm WHY???

GeorgeInNePa

Established Member
Actually he didn't mention anything about adjusting the preload on the pivot point. All he said is he torqued the mount and axle end bolts with the suspension loaded and no binding. Meaning he's assuming that because he torqued it with the suspension loaded it didn't introduce binding into the upper arm he installed. Understanding that under normal circumstances that would be true but the 11+ Roush upper arm and bracket is setup for a 1" dropped vehicle therefore altering the pivot point, centerline & pinion angle. The bracket is thicker than stock and the front spacer is shorter than stock. Combine that with the altered pivot point centerline and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you put this onto a stock ride height vehicle the pivot point bushing will be binding if torqued at (stock) static ride height. You obviously don't know this or it would click in your head what I'm talking about but the upper arm bushing and bolt are pre-torqued by Roush from the factory. If you loosen that bolt and retorque it at static ride height then you will remove the bind that bushing will be under when put it on a stock ride height car. He also mentioned that he noticed the pivot point was different and the instant center was improved. That's all good and well except he never mentioned anything about loosening the bushing bolt and retourqing it under static ride height. Which I'm surehe didn't but will come back and act like he did...blah blah blah. There is no way you would see the bushing binding anyhow by eye.

So, he's not really happy with the way the part works for his car?

99mstng

Established Member
Why would you get the Roush over the Steeda? Curious since Steeda claims no increase in NVH, cost is similar to the Roush, but the Steeda is adjustable so you can change your setting for a lowered/non lowered car or driveshaft change.

sb03cobra

Established Member
I have the Roush and it love it. No increase in NVH, and no more wheel hop.

Here are a couple pics....

IMAG0032.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread