Upper control arms or bushings only?

Cobraonr

Established Member
This conversation needs a bench and about 30 minutes to discuss this topic, pull up a seat. If you had a stock 98 Cobra with 3.73's, under drive pulleys, CAI by JLT Nex Gen, SCT wireless w/Bama tuner, BBK L/T and o/r H, stock mufflers and O2 MIL delete what would recommend for the OEM upper control arms? Replace only the bushings or replace both arms and bushings? She's a summer driver, and I don't expect to go beyond this build plan.
Thanks for help, comments and suggestions!

chao5.0

Established Member
maybe add a panhard rod and just do bushings, its not a over the top build but it will help with the binding the factory suspension is prone to. plus it will help reduce damage to the tq boxes and upper mounts.

Cobraonr

Established Member
Interesting consideration. Ever since our OT event weekend at RA I've never looked at a turn with out finding the apex and track out point, regardless who's driving; the kids in the old Excursion, our the wife or I in the Jag or the Cobra.

Here's a good discussion on the panhard http://goo.gl/uj94Dc

Anyone have pics for their panhard in a 98?

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
upper and lower control arms will help big time. a panhard would be amazing. Get rid of those damn quad shocks.

Also. If you do the upper control arms. Keep the bushings that connect to the pumpkin, rubber. Everything else can be poly. Just keep those rubber due to binding issues

Users who are viewing this thread