upper only 03 cobra makes 470/524

mustang john

Established Member
Dont know if i buy those Tq numbers, thats 50+ more Tq than most will make with the same pulley... hell some dont even hit that with an upper/lower combo. Just sayin...

CobraStruck

Fastest Eaton/6-Speed/IRS
Established Member
Nice numbers! My buddy hit 482rwhp and 505rwtq with a 2.8 upper and supporting mods. 524rwtq does seem a little high though. I put more faith in track times than dyno numbers though. So get that thing to the track and see what she lays down. Should be in the super low 11's or high 10's with a good tire and driver.

snakezilla

Established Member
What kind of dyno?

Dynocom which I'm pretty sure is a loaded dyno, not an inertia dyno like the industry standard Dynojet.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/10352653-post31.html

Well then that makes sense with the numbers then.

Well you got my attention Mr Dyno Guru. But how about you take the time to educate me and the rest of the guys that are less educated on this subject instead of making smart ass comments like "well that makes sense" and leaving me and everyone else in the clouds. Since you know more than I do then what would you say my car put down? im sure that weather and altitude conditions didnt have any effect on the performance of my car right?

mustang john

Established Member
Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
Well you got my attention Mr Dyno Guru. But how about you take the time to educate me and the rest of the guys that are less educated on this subject instead of making smart ass comments like "well that makes sense" and leaving me and everyone else in the clouds. Since you know more than I do then what would you say my car put down? im sure that weather and altitude conditions didnt have any effect on the performance of my car right?

If you would read the link you posted you will find the answers you are looking for about the differences in the dynos.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ed-upper-only-03-cobra-makes-497-524-std.html

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member

1) No need to be prick, nobody is trying to rain on your parade or doubt that AED did a great job on your tune.
2) As pointed out if you would have read that thread Dwight explained the difference.
3) But to save you the research......dynocom dynos are a loaded dyno much like a mustang dyno. They are great tuning tools because they can simulate the real world conditions your car would see on the street. That load is what also makes them impossible to compare numbers. Once again not downing AED but it's common for shops to load their loaded dyno to 'read' like a dynojet. Most customers hate 'heartbreak dynos' so it's understandable. Realistically any loaded dyno should always read lower than a dynojet when loaded correctly. It's also extremely common for loaded dynos to spit out huge tq numbers. The fact your car made that much power on a loaded dyno means it wasn't loaded correctly period. Not saying your tune isn't perfect as I'm sure it is, but your car just doesn't make those numbers.

Dynojets are considered the 'standard' because they are an inertia based dyno. An inertia based dyno doesn't have a load placed on it, therefore making them more consistent. That consistency is why they are the 'standard', they can be compared to another dynojets numbers relatively accurately.

mustang john

Established Member
so what kind of #s would you say my car is making?

Probably +/- 25 rwhp/rwtq of what every other Cobra with your mods is making, the dyno is just a tuning tool. Get out to the track and have some fun with it and then you will find out what its really making. Trust me you will have more fun on a track than on any dyno!

snakezilla

Established Member
Probably +/- 25 rwhp/rwtq of what every other Cobra with your mods is making, the dyno is just a tuning tool. Get out to the track and have some fun with it and then you will find out what its really making. Trust me you will have more fun on a track than on any dyno!

thats interesting... I would still be very happy with -25 rwtq but I would be upset if my rwhp was -25. Im going to give the tuner a call and then taking it out to the track and drive it like I stole it:rolling:
Pm'd back

Kevin, thank you for educating me on dynos. I appreciate you taking the time to do so.:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread